The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical Accessories :: Recommended Reel? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Card Mechanic
View Profile
Regular user
Should I have made
130 Posts

Profile of Card Mechanic
Hi Guys, I haven't done the Floating Bill in almost a decade and I pulled out my (ancient) Reel and the thread breaks with the slightest tension. Time for a new one. Which Reel do you recommend for purchase in the USA for the Floating Bill?

Any suggestions and links will be much appreciated!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hi Card Mechanic!

Welcome to the Café! You don't need a reel to do that. Some simple I.T. will work, and there are many hookups like LeClair's, Fearson's, Ammar's, Peki's. Use Google or search the Café, there is a lot of info here! A reel (like an ITR) is going to cost you. IT is cheap!

For an ITR, James George at The Sorcery is the only source. Look this site over. You might find what you're looking for!

http://itrmagictricks.com/

Hope this helps! Smile

Doug
mercedesrules
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of mercedesrules
........Has anyone had dealings with Mr. George recently? I have an order "pending" since late July.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
WARNING!

James George has moved to India. That site I posted is still up. People are complaining. Communication is...let's say it is "wanting". Until this is resolved, I cannot recommend purchasing from this site.

Buyer beware...

Doug
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
OK. My recommendation, after doing a bit of research:

1. Steve Fearson's Master Levitation System.
2. Steve Fearson's Vectra Thread
3. JoeJoe's Web Spinner (Get the DVD too!).

Ya DON'T need an ITR! You could get all the above for the price of some ITRS! Also look into the ingenious Thread Bullet by Steve Fearson. Do a Google search! Smile

Doug
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Steve Fearson showed me his Poor Man's Reel he had in his jacket. Just a pair of 3" rings runs it. Noiseless and reliable. He tells you how to build it on the Steve Fearson's Master Levitation System DVD. I just read about using your pants, and wearing a T-Shirt! Same system, it just goes down your pants. Why buy a reel?