The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical Accessories :: Sylvester, Marotta gags. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
cabin fever
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of cabin fever
Regarding Dan Sylvester and his Pitch video 98 he has a few bits of business that I liked and am wondering if they are available and if someone could point me in the right direction?

1. Some gimmick to make his eyes bulge out of his head.

2. A gimmick to make his tongue stretch out really far.

3. A gimmick to make it appear that he bit off a big part of his tongue.

4. A gimmick to make it appear his mouth was much larger and weird looking then it really is.

5. Some type of sound making system underneath his clothes.

As for Rich Marotta he also has some type of gimmick to make his tongue larger but obviously it’s different then Dan Sylvester’s.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated, thanks.
wpt1031
View Profile
Loyal user
Toledo Ohio
237 Posts

Profile of wpt1031
You might want to contact Sylvester about those gimmicks.
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
Welcome to the Café. Those gimmicks are proprietary and those gentlemen have built careers on those gimmicks, so I doubt that they would easily part with either the secret or the gimmicks themselves. They are not commercially available for this reason. You are basicly asking for the secrets behind these effects, and methods to magic effects are not discussed on the Café as a rule except on occasion in the Secret Sessions forum and only after you have 50 posts.........
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
cabin fever
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of cabin fever
Quote:
On 2007-11-09 22:28, Robert Kohler wrote:
Welcome to the Café. Those gimmicks are proprietary and those gentlemen have built careers on those gimmicks, so I doubt that they would easily part with either the secret or the gimmicks themselves. They are not commercially available for this reason.

Thanks Robert for the heads up, I was unsure if these where typical “gags” or not.
Quote:
You are basicly asking for the secrets behind these effects, and methods to magic effects are not discussed on the Café as a rule except on occasion in the Secret Sessions forum and only after you have 50 posts.........

So we are clear here, actually, no I’m not. I asked if they where available, I did not ask if you could tell me how it is accomplished.

Thanks again.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Actually, those aren't gimmicks. He can really stretch his tongue out that far, he can really make his eyes buldge like that, and his mouth really looks like that. In the pitch video, when he says he's a robot revealing the sound system, he's not lying. However, I am.
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Having worked in a major magic shop for over 20 years, I can tell you that I have not seen them available.

Bob Phillips