The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical Accessories :: Which Rubber Bands? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
spencerpeterson
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
186 Posts

Profile of spencerpeterson
Hey everyone,
I heard about this one type of rubber band made in Japan that is perfect for magic, anybody knows anything about them?
www.cleardeception.wordpress.com

The Magic of Spencer Peterson
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
http://www.williamsmagic.com

has the ones I use and have on my wrist all-the-time.

Great Price also.

But not from Japan!

Nez
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Listen kids of all ages and listen well. Alliance brand crepe rubberbands size #19, 16 if you like'em tight. Keep that in mind because they are all you need. Most, in fact every, magic shop or magician I've ever seen sell rubber bands really sell Alliance brand etc to suckers who think there are special rubber bands out there. If you want to pay a premium please do so, but you do not have to.
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
Quote:
On 2007-10-24 00:57, MagicSanta wrote:
Listen kids of all ages and listen well. Alliance brand crepe rubberbands

http://www.rubberband.com/
VinceUK
View Profile
New user
North West England
51 Posts

Profile of VinceUK
If you're in the UK like me check these guys out

http://www.clp.co.uk/ProductByGroup.asp?PrGrp=6411

They sell Alliance bands and a (much) cheaper 5 Star alternative, I ordered a pack of each, size 19, they seem similar in quality but that's just a first impression, I haven't long term tested them yet.

Vince
VinceUK
GaryW
View Profile
Veteran user
HSMagic
317 Posts

Profile of GaryW
Quote:
On 2007-10-24 00:57, MagicSanta wrote:
Listen kids of all ages and listen well. Alliance brand crepe rubberbands size #19, 16 if you like'em tight. Keep that in mind because they are all you need. Most, in fact every, magic shop or magician I've ever seen sell rubber bands really sell Alliance brand etc to suckers who think there are special rubber bands out there. If you want to pay a premium please do so, but you do not have to.

LOL! you mean there aren't rubber band manufacturers that design bands for magicians!

Thanks for the tip on Alliance bands... they may replace my 1 lb. bag of 19's that I bought from Staples!
Gary Ailes
Hot Shot Magic
www.hotshotmagic.com
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Gary, you would be surprised at the people who buy 'magic grade rubberbands' at five bucks for 100 and get Alliance bands. Reminds me of sport collectors. Took the wife to a sports show and they had Steve Young Wheaties boxes, full, selling for either $20 or $25 depending on the vendor. After the show I picked one up for her at the grocery store for three bucks.