The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical Accessories :: Gag scissor prop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Title: Ridiculous Scissors
Medium: comedy prop
Arena: kids show, stand up
Available: http://www.comicmagician.com/products_page.html

Any good kids show performer knows that one of the things that get kids giggling are silly props. I’ve found success using scissors that are glued together and scissors that fall apart, I’m tell you, the kids love it. The only thing that would be better would be that the glued together scissors fall apart them are driven into your skull, the kids would be rolling if that happened. I was contacted by a friend in California about this new pair of gag scissors. It isn’t a secret it is scissors with handles at both end. The comedy play with these scissors are great. I did it the other day and just flipped them around saying “you are holding the wrong end”, the kids were on the floor they thought it was so funny to them. I’ve not seen these gag scissors before, they look like the normal scissors most use in the office and are well made. If this is your thing I think you can only get them from the above link.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I have a pair and love them.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
I just placed MY order!

What a TERRIFIC IDEA!!!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Kids love silly things like that.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
OH-MY-GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are a comedy worker and perform the cut and restored rope YOU NEED TO OWN THESE!!!!!!!!!!

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my good friend sent me a set of these in the post and after I soaked the package in water for 30 minutes before opening it (I thought it was a letter bomb...long story.) I laughed my fool head off. THESE THINGS ARE GREAT!!!!!! AND THEY ACTUALLY CUT ROPE REALLY WELL!!!!

I have been using a pair of dressmakers shears that I spent a small fortune on because you need scissors that cut every time. Well, for one third the price you can get a pair of these and they cut just as well, are MUCH safer and they are a DARN GOOD GAG!!! I really can't say enough about these silly things. Just wonderful!

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Hmmmm. I'm sure this is old old old!

"original comedy prop"

Anyone??

M:C
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Likely it has been done before....then again maybe not because the plastic handled scissors have not been around that long (relative to the age of me), before that the finger grips were part of the scissor so this wouldn't have been possible.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I am proud to announce that these are now on my website.
I've been using them in all my shows and love these scissors.

Not only funny but they work.

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
cabin fever
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of cabin fever
I have seen something similar to these except they where metal and in the "closed" position.

I think it was Aldo Colombini.
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
980 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Just got these and they will go right into the act.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia