The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical Accessories :: The Sprizzer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Wil Castor
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle
144 Posts

Profile of Wil Castor
Hey, Ive checked around the Café and cant find any info on it so....

If anyone could give me a brief review of the Sprizzer as found at Hot Trix.com

http://www.hottrix.com/html/sprizzer.shtml

I would be very appreciative... looking mainly for limitations and reset as well as maybe a cool suggestion or tow for effects people have seen or performed with this item, it sounds great, let me know...
As always, thanks!

Smile
Pain is the craft entering into the apprentice.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
It really looks real and I use it as a sixth finger. I don't regret anything I purchased from Hot Trix. I like their TT and magnet too. I used their hand for a seance cloth and it looks so real. The hand can be used with a pizza box too!

Getting back to the Sprizzer, I squirted it just playing around with it and I realize you need to use it quickly after loading, such as a beginning trick or a warmup comedy routine. Any delays and you'll accidently hit something and it squirts.

It is nice as a quick comedy bit. As for resets, it's quite obvious you're resetting it when you stick your finger in a glass of water. Now as a joke, you can say you're thirsty and make the finger in the glass a comedy bit for taking a drink.

Like any prop, it is the routine that makes the prop. The video on their site says it all.
Dennis Michael
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2287 Posts

Profile of Logan
Can you actually levitate with the Sprizzer?

I find that hard to believe actually!! Smile
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
To be honest the lev with the sprizzer is pretty bad, you use as you would a fake hand, but only one finger. My mate gave this to me for free because he could find no use for it. I have used quite a bit to blow 'smoke' out of my ears after smoking a cigar or whatever. More of a gag than a effect in my opinion, thought it has possible uses in some 'cutting' or gore effects.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Sprizzer is good to be used as a small gag.
Hottrix has some better effects to offer such as:
HANDZUP, which is fantastic! Smile
kreme
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of kreme
I personaly wouldn't get it. Just my thought
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
I really liked Steve's multiplying chop sticks on his Sprizzer video. He also does a levitating chop stick with it that can be done with a pen or anything like it. I really like the sprizzer (and better yet 2 sprizzers).
manipulator
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, Texas
319 Posts

Profile of manipulator
Does Sprizzer last a long time? Do you need to replace anything after using it many times? Will anything be used up?
Rich Fredeking
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, Florida
147 Posts

Profile of Rich Fredeking
Nope just refill with water and your set
Rich Fredeking
manipulator
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, Texas
319 Posts

Profile of manipulator
Thanks. Sounds good. Glad it doesn't need replacement.
WVMAGIC
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of WVMAGIC
I like my sprizzer. It is a useful prop. The sprizzer video is worthwile. I have had mine for years and it hasn't worn out.
lesterkirad
View Profile
Loyal user
west lafayette, in
227 Posts

Profile of lesterkirad
I have one and I don't use it. I think it looks very realistic and is very durable, but when I try to use it, water usually squirts out around the base of it instead of where it is supposed to. If I push it farther down on my finger, there is no room to fill it up. I guess I might just have misshapen fingers. Does anyone else have this problem? I haven't got rid of it yet because I keep thinking that I might find another use for it.
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
For me Sprizzler is one of the best finger tip.I ever bought. Looks good, feel good and it is real realistic.

I love the material that is used to make Sprizzer.

If you wanna get a good finger tip. Go for Sprizzler..

Great Stuff...

Symmatrix Smile
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
I hate to go against what has been said here but I really don't like Sprizzer. I think it's way overpriced and doesn't live up to the advertisement. Unless you yourself smoke or if you have a fascination with talcum powder, you may not like it. I don't buy anything from Hottrix anymore.

That's just one person's opinion,
Andini Smile
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17424 Posts

Profile of joseph
Their thimbles look good(as does their model). Anybody use them? Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
kerplunkmagic
View Profile
New user
UK
6 Posts

Profile of kerplunkmagic
Does it look unnatural on your finger? I heard that it just makes you look is if you have an ET style finger! Also , roughly how much fluid (lets say..water) can it hold up to in one spriz?
mystic mickey
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mystic mickey
Spritzer is a very special use item. It takes a lot of messy set up if you are using it in your act with liquid. I fill mine with baby powder and use it as a magic smoke effect...you can fill it with dragon's breath and flame out a candle but be careful you don't melt the spritzer. Their hand is fine . I used it to replace the crummy one you get with a day light seance. Thumb tips are excellent.
Jemy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Jemy
Is the video of sprizzer worth the investment. I'm just curious about it
Steve Dela
View Profile
Special user
U.K. London
961 Posts

Profile of Steve Dela
I had a sprizzer and didn't really like it but still used it for a bit...I hid the opeing by wearing a ring that totaly hid it...it looks very natural...if you have the right size fingers...and you won't know unless you get one...I got board with mine though and chopped it up to make a very tight thumb tip for card flicking ;@)
you can't realy load much liquid into it though, and like all of their rubber fingers etc the colour needed a bit more red to match skin (yes this is true no matter what colour skin you have).
I highly reccomend their handz up...it is very realistic, practicle and does it job very well.
all the best
Steve Dela
http://stevedela.com
Associate Member of the Inner Magic Circle
FFFF
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Handzup is good. But we got an even better one recently, No idea who makes it but it comes in a box covered in Japanese writing, with the exception of the title which reads BLUES HOUSE.

It's a great looking hand...

hold on, it's by Akira Ishizaki and he calls it the Yoshino Gimmick.

TIM ELLIS
http://www.MagicUnlimited.com