The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical Accessories :: The Rubinstein Ultimate Rattle Purse (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of walking_liberty
I just received my Rubinstein Rattle Purse in the mail a couple of hours ago and it's amazing. The possibilites are endless.

First the purse:

It's beautiful. I ordered black. They are made from fine Italian leather and even the lining is extremely attractive. The purse sounds exactly like there are coins inside, and really feels like there are coins inside, which I think aids in believing in your own magic. It could also be shaken by a spectator and they would swear that the coins were right inside. You can also make it sound like there is only one coin in the purse which is a nice touch. There are also numerous applications using it's magnetic properties.

Now for the dvd:

Approx. 45 minutes long.

This is a very nice, professional looking, dvd. It also looks to be professionaly shot. It is broken down into two sections, Moves and Routines. There are a total of 8 moves, covered in depth. And there are 5 routines, two of them contributed by Mike Gallo. The routines are brilliant, and the moves really get your 'creative juices' flowing.

Just holding this purse will give you hundreds of ideas. It's one of the best coin utilities I've ever used. I couldn't recommend this more.

If you'd like to get your hands on one of these, Michael Rubinstein is a member at the Café, send him a PM or an email him at: rubinsteindvm@aol.com
tommy ng
View Profile
Veteran user
USA,Oregon
387 Posts

Profile of tommy ng
Thanks walking_liberty,
I very interest this purse, should be the second coin stuff I buy in this year.
KeithP
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of KeithP
Can a spectator examine the purse when it is "empty" like a rattle box?

KeithP
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
No.
Click to visit:
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

No, but you don't need to let them do anymore than look right into the empty purse. No one would be suspect. You can let them hold and shake the purse while it's closed though.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Wl is right. You can show the purse to be empty because the rattle gaff is concealed. You can let them shake it when closed (if coins are supposed to be there). If they shake it when coins are not supposed to be there, you will have to come up with a quick explanation for the rattle Smile

Personally, I think its probably overkill to have spectator's rattling the purse. The rattle is a subtle deception that does not need to be overproven.
Click to visit:
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
885 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
This rattle purse serves two purposes: it carries my coins, and messes with people's minds. Beautiful work. I had the pleasure to be shown some moves by Mike when the purse was not sold yet, and then I realized its potential and asked Mike to keep one for me Smile

The DVD thoroughly explains the basic moves which will become the building blocks for your routines. Mike teaches some routines, and so does... Mike Gallo! By the way Mike (Gallo), I LOVED your purse vanish!!! Brilliant.

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
Adam Keisner
View Profile
Veteran user
London
335 Posts

Profile of Adam Keisner
Sounds good, is there a photo of this purse?
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-02-24 10:57, Adam Keisner wrote:
Sounds good, is there a photo of this purse?

Send an email to Michael and he'll send you his price list with a picture of the purse in it.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4691 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
My PM box was full for a while, but now its clear. Its best to e mail me with the name Rattle purse in the subject heading. The Rattle Purse did very well at WMS, and is already in the pockets of many of the top coin guys, ready for some major rattle action!
Special sale! FREE magician T shirt (a $25 value, only L or XL - see link) while supplies last with each purchase of MIGRATE ($35 ppd USA) Magnetic Coins ($40 ppd USA) or Conviction Prediction ($45 ppd
https://youtube.com/shorts/GbIwPoZ8qy4?si=eqxR6X6XGynLf3ET
inquire for ordering information here or to rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4691 Posts

In response to the many PM's I have received, I will accept PAYPAL within the US as well.
Special sale! FREE magician T shirt (a $25 value, only L or XL - see link) while supplies last with each purchase of MIGRATE ($35 ppd USA) Magnetic Coins ($40 ppd USA) or Conviction Prediction ($45 ppd
tommy ng
View Profile
Veteran user
USA,Oregon
387 Posts

Profile of tommy ng
Oh, I should send you a paypal better than the check, so I can get you stuff coming quick(and don't take risk for missing mail), btw I already send you the check.

Hope get your purse soon.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4691 Posts

Tommy,your purse has been sent, let me know when you get it!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4691 Posts

Just got a couple of great endorsements - from an e mail of R. Paul Wilson, "Your idea is brilliant!" From Roger Klause, "Leave it to the good Doctor to bring the ultimate coin rattle accessory out of the sleeve and to the fingertips. This totally innocent appearing purse will provide the thinking performer an endless array of coin miracles. Dr. Rubinstein has provided a DVD that showcases the remarkable examples possible with this ingenious device. This is the perfect "convincer" ! " PM me with your e mail, and I will send off a price list with all necessary information.
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
I just recieved my Rattle purse last night. The purse is well made and the dvd informative as well.

The moves taught in the dvd can be applied to other coin routines too. Most of the good points are already mentioned by walking_liberty and I fully agree with him.

This is a useful item which you can use to keep your coins and use it in your routines. Recommended.
Bernard Sim
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
I just received my Rattle Purse today, and man is it sweeeeet! I've been performing an original routine of mine that is my take on the Coins, purse, no glass concept of Geoff Latta's for a long time before I heard of the purse. Now that I have the purse it fits perfectly for what I need it for in my routine! I definitely already have some new ideas floating around in my head too for what I can do with it. Very highly recommended!

-Bill
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Mike,
Can the purse in the open position (in the LH) be made to make a sound as you pretend to drop a coin from the RH into it, say with a retention pass? Some left hand shaking of the purse I assume would be needed as you do the move.

Larry
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4691 Posts

Sure. You have to move it a bit to get the coin sound, but it doesn't matter if its open or closed.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5207 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Any dealers selling the rattle purse?
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4691 Posts

No, for nonw the RUBINSTEIN ULTIMATE RATTLE PURSE and companion DVD is only available through me. At some point I might decide to wholesale it, but for now it is only available by sending me your e mail via PM, and I will send you my price list with ordering information.