The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical Accessories :: Mullica Wallets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Dano
View Profile
Loyal user
Centerville, OH
240 Posts

Profile of Dano
Here's my list of "currently" available Mullica wallets as referenced to the rather large Rolfs style. Am I missing any?

1. "Rolfs" checkbook insert style @ 3 3/4" x 7".
2. BKM (about the same size as the Rolfs).
3. Elite Garnier 3 Way (not as tall, but 1/2" wider @ 4 1/4" x 5 3/4")
4. New "Hip Pocket Mullica" with zippered insert. (Size ???)

Maybe someone with the new Hip Pocket could fill us in on the size!

I believe they all have slots for credit cards etc. with the exception of the Hip Pocket, although the hip pocket is the only one with the zippered insert.

While there is no such thing as the "Perfect Mullica Wallet" maybe we can share our likes and dislikes of the different styles specifically. Let's not let it turn into another "palm vs. no palm thread, Lord knows there are enough of those in the Café already!

Also, while we are aware that some of the wallets offer other methods of loading let's try to stick to the Mullica feature. It's easy to get lost in the features that many of the others offer, but I think they have been discussed ad nauseum.

Or Not!

Dano
"Magic" is merely an illusion, but "Perception" is reality!
LDM
View Profile
Loyal user
Upstate New York
278 Posts

Profile of LDM
The Hip Pocket Mullica is 5 3/4" x 3 3/4". I love mine, the leather is great quality. Also, the ID slot can hold 3-4 credit cards. Also, the place where Tony Miller shows you to store the inner wallet is the place where I use to hold cash. In my opinion, it's a very useable everyday wallet, you just have to get used to it. I recommend it highly.
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
I have replaced my original Rolf Mullica with Tony Miller's Hip Pocket Mullica. It's a wonderful piece of work and the zippered compartment really makes a difference.

I've create two new card to wallet routines since getting it.

I has not, however, replaced my billfold.
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
I use the BKM wallet. The quality of construction is very nice (better than what I managed to get by making one myself...). I love the two different methods of loading. It allows me to repeat the effect if need be... without using the same method twice! It does fool people. I do not like the Mullica insert as much, because I fibd the openings a little too wide, but it sure doesn't stop me from using it. The Mullica insert is made in such a way that you don't have to hold the card... which is nice.

All in all, I love my BKM wallet and I highly recomend it. I also use it as my standard wallet. It is that well made.

Have a nice day!

Louis Jutras
Dano
View Profile
Loyal user
Centerville, OH
240 Posts

Profile of Dano
Any problems flashing with the Hip Pocket Mullica due to it's smaller size?
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3434 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
I obtained, for lack of better description, a LBKM (LePaul-Balducci-Kaps-Mullica) wallet at the combined 1st S.A.M. European/Austrian Magic Convention in 1999. Its size is 6" X 4", all leather and is beautifully made. The price came to approx. $25 US. Had several compeers try to buy it off me when I got back stateside. Probably would have sold it if I had any idea of how to contact the maker in Europe. When you deal in pantomime it's like that.

The Mullica insert handles nicely, really slick, and the card practically loads itself into the "special something".

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Dano
View Profile
Loyal user
Centerville, OH
240 Posts

Profile of Dano
Stanyon:

Think it was an original, or a retrofit?
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
3434 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
I believe that it was original to the dealer/maker. All of this individuals leather items were beautifully made.

FWIW

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2377 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On 2005-09-10 17:28, Stanyon wrote:
I obtained, for lack of better description, a LBKM (LePaul-Balducci-Kaps-Mullica) wallet at the combined 1st S.A.M. European/Austrian Magic Convention in 1999. Its size is 6" X 4", all leather and is beautifully made. The price came to approx. $25 US. Had several compeers try to buy it off me when I got back stateside. Probably would have sold it if I had any idea of how to contact the maker in Europe. When you deal in pantomime it's like that.

The Mullica insert handles nicely, really slick, and the card practically loads itself into the "special something".

Cheers! Smile

Yes, I am aware of his products. I at least got permission from Jerry Mentzer and Tom Mullica to use their wallet concepts. They even copied my credit card loader idea.The people you are speaking of even copied my advertising. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling that people support them...
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
3434 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Well you are two up on me. I have no idea who the maker is or you are! But apparently I did wrong, unintentionally! I don't condone rip offs, but in this instance the language barrier prevented me from exploring those avenues. I live and learn.

FWIW

Cheers ! Smile

I'm sorry, you're Tony Miller! My apologize.

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"