The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical Accessories :: Looking for Compatible Himber Wallet for Lorayne's Book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I have never held a Himber Wallet.

I recently found a copy of Harry Lorayne's "Himber Wallet Book" online at a price too good to pass up. I purchased it based on good things I have heard about it.

I know almost nothing about HW's except some of the basic uses. I do not even know how they are constructed.

As I wait for the book to arrive, I began to think about getting a HW. I wonder if there are many different 'kinds' of HW.

In other words, if I were to buy 10 wallets that say "Himber Wallet" (each made by a different manufacturer) is there a high probability they will function in the exact same way, with each being compatible with Lorayne's book?
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
I don't have Harry's book but I assume any Himber wallet will work for the routines in his book. I'd suggest getting a larger breast pocket/checkbook style one vice a smaller hip pocket type as I'll bet a number of the routines require the larger one. Browse the routines in the book and you should be able to determine what size will be most useful.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Thanks, Mitch!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The English version which has a larger format and is also called the Star Wallet is different, and will not do the money routine as discribed.

For the routines in the book, you can purchase a very nice on from Hank Lee for a resonable price. It looks very much like american wallets purchased in any good store for men.

Have fun! This is a great versitle prop for hundreds of effects.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Wmhegbli,

Thank you. Just to be double-sure, is this what you are referring to?

http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/customer/pr......p;page=1

Thanks,
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, this is the wallet I was refering to. It is very nice for the money and is a wallet a person in the USA would carry with him.