The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical Accessories :: What marker do you use? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
dead_man
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of dead_man
A lot of people use sharpie, but the quit working half way though someones name. Is it just me, or are my cards to slick? I use bikes, by the way. I use marks-a-lot or something like that. I love them. any one have the same problem with sharpie, or is it just me?
If the eyes are the window to the soul, you're not going to like the view.
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Profile of Richard Shippy
I use a green colored Sharpie after reading this was Giobbi's suggestion in Card College #5 due to visibility on either red or black cards. I have never had a problem with a Sharpie on a Bicycle card. It should be the thicker Sharpie and not the fine tip.
"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds." ~ Winston Churchill
dead_man
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of dead_man
Never thought of green, good idea. I've used the big ones too, and they always quit soon after I use them.
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
I use a fine tip. The brand (I must look funny sitting here with a marker in my face), is STUDIO. It's a grey marker and I got it in a 2 pack. I think I picked these up from Dollarama. They are GREAT. It feels very smooth when writing on a card and it doesn't smear all over the thing.

I love them and recommend them to anyone.

-Chris.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I only use a black Super Sharpie on bikes. It produces very nice bold visble marking on first and every contact with any surface. It really gives you "the confident you need" when you want to make sure it works and everyone can see the signature.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Greg Hues
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
143 Posts

Profile of Greg Hues
I also use Black Super Sharpies. Another thing, if you store them tip down in your pocket or close up case, you shouldn't run into the ink being fading half way through the writing! Who new reading the back of a sharpie box would be useful, eh?
Regards,

Greg Hues
dead_man
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of dead_man
Thanks guys, chris, I'll look for thoes markers, I need a grey/silver one too.
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
I bet the click sharpies would be pretty reliable... or the new jumbo sharpies. I personally always have a mini sharpie on me... usually black. I love the green idea chris! I have cc5, why didn't I know that?! Smile

has anyone checked out my "mini sharpie manual" available at Hank Lee's. Its kinda off subject, but it teaches a lot of effect you can do with these awesome markers called sharpies! peace -Jesse
KidCrenshaw
View Profile
Special user
USA
537 Posts

Profile of KidCrenshaw
Hey Dead-Man, keep those dried out markers handy.

There are some really cool things you can do with a dried out-but otherwise-normal-looking marker.

Something to think about.
"Put your faith in Providence, but always cut the cards"
GaryW
View Profile
Veteran user
HSMagic
317 Posts

Profile of GaryW
Silver Sharpies look great on a Blue Bike! I still use Black for the Red Bikes.
Gary Ailes
Hot Shot Magic
www.hotshotmagic.com
Taylor Dean
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Taylor Dean
If I have the room I will carry a black and silver sharpie because I like the want the silver shows on black pips and face cards. I feel it is easyer to see
ash_arani
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of ash_arani
A black sharpie marker is fine with me and I don't even bother looking for alternatives...
Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
656 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
I saw a guy using an Orange Sharpie the other day for card magic. You could hardly see it.
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
A black Sharpie works fine for me.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of Philippe
I am using the retractable Sharpie, snappier than having to remove the cap.
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
871 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
I use the retractable sharpie as well. black one

is there any color option for retractable sharpie ?

Cos' I've never seen one
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
dead_man
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of dead_man
I need to get a retractable sharpie, but I know they have blue ones.
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
This just in:

I managed to get my hands on 5 or 6 mini sharpies! They are about 3 inches long and have a metal ring on the cap to hang on around your neck. I am going to put a black one on a laniard and I'll be set! My Fiancee got her hands on them for some promotional worik she was doing. I believe they are either new to the market, or will be soon.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I have two standard size Sharpies on me at the same time. That way, if one runs dry, I have a back-up. I almost never have any problems with Sharpies.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
I use a normal black sharpie, but the problem I have is the fact that they run out very easily, and they don't stand out very much.