The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical Accessories :: New Product Alert (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I discovered an interesting butane lighter while shopping at my local K-Mart last week-end. I think other Magicians and Wizards will find it of use, too, for conversion into a unique looking "magic wand" or even just using as it is.

http://magicnook.com/WizardsJ05/productalert.htm

I hope this is posted in the correct section of the forum. I don't sell these items, I just find 'em and report 'em!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
If the match lighter is also $10.00 that is very expensive.

On my last trip to England I picked up the very same product for £1.99 sterling!
(They really are very good quality!).
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I have seen these and the original match style ones at local walgreens stores. They look pretty cool but I haven't found a use for one yet so I never bought one.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I carry a butane lighter that looks like a foot-long kitchen match in each of my birthday show kits. Every now and then, Mom will either forget the lighter or try to light a bunch of candles with a pocket lighter resulting in burned fingers. Either way, I get to play the hero. Great customer service never rests!!

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3836 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I have a large match butane lighter and find it to be quite the conversation piece. If you do much lighting of anything in your act it is worth having.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
While on the subject of giant matches...there is a giant zippo lighter on the market too. Not sure where you can buy them but they look just like a regular zippo only 20 times bigger.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Mitch,

I've owned one of those since the early 80's and used to use it when I performed in bars. I had a harness made so that I could wear it hidden under the back of my jacket, and when I saw a woman at the bar take out a cigarette, I'd offer her a light, search through my pockets and look frustrated as I said, "Great, I can't find my lighter," and then I'd reach behind my back and say, "Oh, here it is," as I pulled out the lighter and lit the cigarette." It always got a laugh.

Larry