The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical Accessories :: Jay Sankey's Assassin's Pouch (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
And...not a bad PRICE, there, Frank!

Nice!

Doug
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Thank you Doug. Apparently I'm being talked into making a very small model but I'm not sure what it will look like yet.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
...Apparently I'm being talked into making a very small model but I'm not sure what it will look like yet.

Please consider a name on a par with the ridiculous, entertaining and, as mentioned earlier in this thread, obscene-sounding, 'Assassin's Pouch.'
"I didn't want him to feel that he could drive the lane with impunity."

- David Robinson
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
I got my assassin's pouch a few days ago and I really like it. For me it's the perfect size. It holds everything that I need it to quite nicely with room to spare. I prefer to wear it on my belt rather than use the clip because it dosen't "flop" around so much. I've worn it at work for the past few days right next to my cell phone and no one even noticed it. Using this sure does clear up my pockets for "normal" stuff like keys, real money, etc.

Oh, here's a funny story for you guys...

True story. I was at my local quickie mart a few days ago getting some coffee and when paying I forgot I had my bite out quarter in my pocket and accidentally used it along with some other "real" coins to pay for my coffee. I didn't notice until I got home though. Man I was really mad...

The next day when I went to get coffee again and this time used a dollar to get coffee and the cashier gave me my change. As I was walking back to my car I noticed that she had given me my bite out quarter back in the change!!! Is that wild or what?
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
If that is true - and I have no reason to doubt it - you have experienced a once-in-a-lifetime coincidence. You should consider lottery.
Cards never lie
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
I agree. It was a "once-in-a-lifetime" experience. It is kind of hard to believe but it really did happen. I play the lottery every week and haven't won yet but I'm sure glad to have my bite coin back.

It just goes to show that little "miracles" happen when you least expect them...
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
A magical experience - truly
Cards never lie
Best of British
View Profile
New user
England
25 Posts

Profile of Best of British
The Assassin's Pouch is also the perfect smokers companion.

I can fit a pack of fags in the main compartment, a lighter in one of the side pockets and a matchbook in the other pocket (in case the lighter runs out of fuel).

I have placed foil inside the thumbtip holder to act as an 'on the go' ashtray.

The pocket that holds the ITR is also perfect for holding a lit cigarette via the eyehole.

When the smoking ban comes into force in Britain later this year I will once again use it to hold cards, coins, thumtips and ITRs.
Mike Doogan
View Profile
New user
US (living in UK)
64 Posts

Profile of Mike Doogan
I really don't see the need for this thing. What's wrong with a bit of well rehearsed pocket management?
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
I really don't see the need for this thing. What's wrong with a bit of well rehearsed pocket management?

I'm surprised you picked the Magic Accessories section and the Assassin's Pouch thread to read 8^)

Dave

- David Robinson
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Hello there I picked one up its cool to keep every thing to gether I carry a pack of cards, two dice, thumb tip ,sharpie, coins,

Its great to have it all together in my top pocket so you don’t loose any thing also my pocket are free for every day live. Then if the optunity rise magic in pockets every day stuff in pouch and go.

Also I carry all my small bits in it in my case for my street act.

I don’t think I would die for one but iam happy with mine its well made and a wallet or a camera pouch made to similar standard is the same cost.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Scott Horn
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
417 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
I just received one and there are plusses and minuses. From my perspective it's good, but could have been great with a few additional tweaks. It's good, because as a "impromptu performer" I don't want to always load up my pockets, but is want easy access to some "equipment."

I would really like to see soneome put out a professional use caliber tool. Not taking away from Jay's initial devleopment, I offer the following upgrade suggestions:

- change the top opening (don't know exactly how) so it opens wider for easier access to the inside
- reverse the zipper, so when open, it does not interfere with the TT
- include an inside divider in the main pocket so one side holds a full deck, the the other can hold a second deck, packet tricks, or other cards
- expand the bellows on the front 2 pockets
- provide a belt clip rather than a loop so the pouch can be quickly and easily put on and off

just my $.02
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
Quote:
I would really like to see soneome put out a professional use caliber tool. Not taking away from Jay's initial devleopment, I offer the following upgrade suggestions:

- change the top opening (don't know exactly how) so it opens wider for easier access to the inside
- reverse the zipper, so when open, it does not interfere with the TT
- include an inside divider in the main pocket so one side holds a full deck, the the other can hold a second deck, packet tricks, or other cards
- expand the bellows on the front 2 pockets
- provide a belt clip rather than a loop so the pouch can be quickly and easily put on and off

just my $.02

I agree with everything you've posted here. I would like to add two more:

- Provide a "pocket" of sorts on the bottom of the inside of the pouch, where a magnet could be stored without the risk of it moving around and/or becoming attached to something stored in the pouch that may be metal or have metal components.
- Produce the pouch in a lighter color - such as khaki, (as is shown in the packaging), so that the TT pocket does not turn the TT black! (Or it could be made of, or lined with, a nylon material so that the color of the fabric won't run. The cotton material it is made of now transfers the dye to the TT far too easily.
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
- Produce the pouch in a lighter color - such as khaki, (as is shown in the packaging), so that the TT pocket does not turn the TT black!

Has anyone found a good use, other than an ITR, for the thumb tip area as of yet?

As a non-ITR user, I am unsatisfied to-date using this area for all items tried, including a thumb tip (dye transfer), D-lite (dye transfer), short Professor's Nightmare (bulky; weaker effect when ropes too short), Z-Ray Vision (must use part of four pockets), Monte Dominoes (an effect suitable for restrictive venues only) and Disc Escape (heavy, inconsistent effect; must use part of two pockets.)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

- David Robinson
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
[/quote]
I like the idea of the IT feature but what I could not understand is how you actually use it. As pictured, the IT opening is towards the rear of the pouch is it not? That seems backwards to me since you will be doing your IT work with the IT in front of you. [/quote]

Try using the Pouch on your left hip instead of your right. If you vanish a coin with your left hand as many right-handers do, this helps with that too.

Dave

- David Robinson
garethwitty
View Profile
New user
Windsor, England
86 Posts

Profile of garethwitty
Have it, use it and love it!

don't leave home without it!
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
And now stores such as Staples and Wal-Mart are selling Assassin's Pouch-sized Sharpies. Mini Sharpies they are called - I guess they are trying to pass them off as markers for shorter folks, clearly they are for the Assassin's Pouch.

Dave

- David Robinson
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
The pro carrier case is very nice and has a better look than the assassin's pouch but the assassin's pouch can carry more items.

Agreed. I just purchased the Pro Carrier via mail order - and already owning an Assassin's Pouch, I am surprised how little the Pro Carrier carries in comparison to the Assassin's Pouch. I knew it was less - but it is very considerably less.

I'll use both - but the Assassin;s Pouch cerainly carries a larger quantity and variety of items.

Dave

- David Robinson
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I use my AP to keep a mini 'set' in case of emergency. Cards, Inv. Deck, Stargazer, 4 coins, sticky situation, thumbtip and sharpie. 30 + mins from that lot!
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
I like this. I think it’s functional and handles the job. Is it better than J.J.’s Pro Case? It’s different and I will now use them both.

Agreed. I have had both for a while now and now use both. I do like the sturdiness of the Pro Carrier. I guess it is a tradeoff between sturdiness and flexibility.

Dave

- David Robinson