The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Stage Illusions :: Santa appearance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1192 Posts

Profile of Michael238
What is a way to make santa appear in a family show environment without breaking the bank?
thanks
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
The Gift
Bryce Screen

here are some.

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
GuySavoie
View Profile
Loyal user
Tampa, FL
242 Posts

Profile of GuySavoie
Paul Osborne had a superb Santa Production from a Chimney (Genii Magazine?)

I built one many eons ago, and it was easy to build, easy to rehearse, deceptive, and received very well. It took about two sheets of plywood, a paint job, casters, some black cloth and velcro, a few metal corner braces, wood screws, etc., and perhaps 10 hours of work.

If you're interested, I'll try to hunt it down for you.

--- Guy
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I did a X-mass show years ago and produced a Santa at the end of the show. Once he appeared I exited and Santa did his thing by handing out presents. No magician can compete with Santa! LOL

The method that I used was really simple and took the crowd by surprised.

I will PM you.
Ray
GreatWizardoftheEast
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
124 Posts

Profile of GreatWizardoftheEast
There are a number of ways to produce Santa. You can use a wrap-around cloth type of thing which can be found in Tarbell. You could use a Modern Cabinet, probably that's the easiest way. Osbourne has had some clever methods over the years. I built a Santas Door Frame one year which worked splendidly, it was from Osbourne plans.
Harold White
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I produce santa from a fireplace that I have had on stage the whole time. Perform the illusion complete with sleigh bells ringing and hoofs pounding on the roof. The only thing to remember is to have santa tell the kids to give you a big round of applause for your great magic show. Otherwise santa will get all the attentions an you will be left holding the bag.
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com