The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Stage Illusions :: Bruce Chadwick's Buzz Saw illusion??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
docbarnes
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of docbarnes
I really like the look of Bruce Chadwick’s buzz saw illusion. I have loved this illusion since I was nine and saw Blackstone Jr. perform in my hometown. I have always wanted to perform the illusion and I like the radial arm saw idea. If you have any experience with the buzz saw illusion please let me know.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Just like you I was very intrigued with this illusion. I bought the plans to build it.

Then one day I saw it performed live and it was gross. The magician, had blood splattering all over the place and for a dollar you could come up on stage and get a closer look.

The blood and gore turned me off, but I later found out this was done mostly in Mexico and it was the trick to do in that part of the world.

When you really think about it, all it is is a puzzle, how did he do that?

It has it's dangers, like the costume getting tangled in the blade, the closeness of the saw to the assistant. An assistant willing to do this, good insurance, a trailer to carry it, a lot of time to set it up, and a real danger of someone getting hurt. Then retraining another assistant if that one quits or moves on.

I also like David' Copperfield recent buzz saw illusion done on on TV where he cuts himself into two seperate parts.
Dennis Michael
magicsiow
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
102 Posts

Profile of magicsiow
Take care for your costume and wind if you perform indoor out outdoor, it may hurt you o your assistance... IT's happen these year in China. One of the famous illusionist hurt seriously, stay in wad for two months... lucky he safe!
docbarnes
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of docbarnes
I saw the david Copperfield buzz effect, it was great. What is that illusion called?
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Buzz saw
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW