The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Stage Illusions :: Ideas for stringing it out... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
dajamusic
View Profile
New user
Philly
3 Posts

Profile of dajamusic
I'm fairly new with stage work and I'm looking for an idea for a "finisher" that can be setup early in the show. I was thinking of bill in lemon, but wondered if there were any other effects that people setup early, come back to once or twice and then close with.
Thanks!
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
I use my Crystal Clear prediction like this. I have someone put the envelope in the box, lock it and wear the key around their neck the whole show. This builds some really nice suspense!

For my smaller shows, I make a lot of reference throughout the show about how I got started in magic. I finally tell the story with my Losander table and tell the story of the coin my grandfather used to teach me my first trick, which then goes into the Gravity box for the floating table. Since I mention it at the beginning is sort of bookends the show nicely.
dajamusic
View Profile
New user
Philly
3 Posts

Profile of dajamusic
Yes! Thanks Chris. These are great ideas. Is there a Crystal Clear video you can recommend that really demonstrates the trick? I was also thinking of using the Mental Epic Board as an alternative. Take one word at a time throughout the set. I'm having a hard time finding the best board though -- there have been several changes from the original and there seems to be a descrepency as to which works best.
Thanks so much for the suggestions.