The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Stage Illusions :: Three-In-One Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Brian Haagen
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Brian Haagen
I saw this illusion on http://www.tilfordillusions.com. It looks really awesome. Have any of you guys had experience with this particular box and if so, how was it?
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
This is not the 3-in-1 illusion as designed by Saydeen (Cafe member) It is a combination sword cabinet, substitution trunk, and flight case.

I have never bought off of Tilford because my trusted friends have asked me to look elsewhere. For the purpose of this discussion let's leave it at that.

Since I have never dealt with his products and intend not to ever buy from him, I can't give a recommendation.
Dennis Michael
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
I believe the three in one is the same as Studio Domenique put out in Italy (I think they make them). Also their price is a lot cheaper, check their site. This Italian dealer has also been accused of ripping off others (Ideas etc). Maybe true, as they even have Copperfield's sawing advertised.
tilford
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of tilford
Doug Tilford here,

The Simplex Chopper that Dennis is referring to IS MADE BY GEORGE RICHBARK and is not a copy
http://www.tilfordillusions.com
magician@tilfordillusions.com
Phone (386) 322-7308
Fax (386) 761-3973
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
Hello there Smile

I headed off the marketing and research of three-in-one to the industry with Dutch Hailing. This is, and still is, a one of a kind mechinism and workings and there is no other that uses its exact method. Any other whom claim to be a three-in-one is wrong. A kock off. Or a different effect altogether.

They custom designed and built this one from the ground up and to date it still has not been reproduced or infringed. So, as far as Studio Domenique putting out in Italy, well that may be possible but the three-in-one was definitely produced first, was advertised in Magic and Genie, as well as marketed exclusivley on their website. @-----',------

Cheers,
Ryan C. Reed
CEO
Illusion Entertainment International/
Adamant Design & Fabrication Smile
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Ryan, I think the illusion Brian was asking about is the three-in-one illusion that is a sub trunk, flight case and sword cabinet all in one. And I believe this particular item is built by Dominique.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Can anybody me tell the web address of Studio Domenique? Please... Smile
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
Saydean
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha,Nebraska
206 Posts

Profile of Saydean
As the inventor of the "three-in-one" levitation I can say without doubt that anyone who wants to use the term three-in-one is welcome to do so. There is only one version of the levitation I build and those who have one know it is truly one of a kind.

Heck, I know that there is an oil on the market that is also called 3-in-1. The truth be known, my illusion should be called a six-in-one because more and more stage illusionists who are using it find more ways to employ it than I would have ever imagined.

In case you're wondering why you don't see it advertised, I made the decision to sell it to QUALIFIED illusionists only at a price well below market value.

I don't care about being a household name in illusions like some others and I don't make my income from its sales. You would be surprised to learn who uses it in their shows. Thanks to my brothers here who jumped in to defend it.

Dutch Haling
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
Word. Smile Hehe.

Ryan
Brian Haagen
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Brian Haagen
Hey there guys, I am getting a bit confused.

I am aware of the levitation that Saydean makes called the three-in-one. I am referring to the one on Mr. Tilford's site called the three-in-one that is a sub trunk/sword basket/flight case. Has anybody here had any experience with it?

So I am getting that Dominique builds the illusion and Tilford is one that sells it? Thanks for the replies.

By the way, I am also confused on what exactly is a "flight case"?
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Saydean, your levitation looks great, always has, and always will. I don't think anyone was NOT defending it, I think Brian was talking about a completely different illusion built by the infamous Domenique.

Is it the name thing...? I don't know, everyone has me confused here. Is this post about Saydean's levitation or Domenique's case/sub trunk/swordbox illusion? Or about the names being the same?

Brian, a flight case or ATA case is what you use to carry/store/transport a prop in, you know the case...

I guess it should actually be called the two-in-one illusion flight case. Because there is only the sub trunk illusion, and a sword box illusion, and a case, the case being a case not an illusion.

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Saydean
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha,Nebraska
206 Posts

Profile of Saydean
Peter,

I didn't mean to make it seem like I was being defensive. I just wanted to clear the air. Speaking of illusions, you go boy! I've seen your ads and have noticed your placement in various catalogs. Keep plugging away my friend.

I really think the world of magic is headed for a lot of changes due to people like you and reedc and others who are thinking outside the box. As for the other three-in-one I am sure it has its place but because of the way I think I would be more than likely to use a standard sub trunk as a sword cabinet rather than buying one.

Our sword cabinet is really just a large metal coffee table that we rigged to accept swords. Of course in our version the assistant who comes out of the cabinet takes a drink of water and instantly leaks streams of water through out her body. That was the tricky part as she is scantily clad.

I saw the three-in-one from Tilford and it's well made but extremley pricey. I guess your buying the seceret not the illusion? Good luck and continued success in marketing your illusions.

Dutch Haling
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Dutch, I didn't think you were being defensive, I was merely confused by the posts.

Thanks for wishing my success. Our company is growing and doing well!

By the way, I thought I remember you telling me that you were leaving the illusion show behind to pursue another type of stage show. Have you now returned to doing your illusion shows again?

I heard your illusion shows were like no others...

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Saydean
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha,Nebraska
206 Posts

Profile of Saydean
Peter,

We have been working on a new show called Gittin Hitched. It's a two-and-a-half-hour interactive show about a girl from Swinesville, Iowa, who marries a boy from New York City. It features a six-piece bluegrass band most of who hail direct from Branson, MO. It's a lot of fun and even though there are only two magic tricks in it I'm really having fun.

We recently performed our illusion show in Lisbon, Portugal, and we are starting to work on a new act, 45 minutes in length, silent except for music and a narrator. It's a story about a master Chinese magician who teaches his apprentice the dark secerts of magic. It's all black art-based and will feature a gigantic set with black art illusions never seen before, such as flying a la the movie Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Very advanced stuff and guess what? No Boxes!

I'll tell you more in a private email, I think you'd be really impressed with some of the methods.

Be Safe,
Dutch Haling