The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Napkin Rose Tip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
AmazingKeithy
View Profile
New user
Round Rock, Texas
99 Posts

Profile of AmazingKeithy
Hello,

I received the Napkin Rose DVD the day after Thanksgiving and have been making lots of roses since then. One of the best tips on the DVD is the OP rose, though I originally had trouble with a bare handed approach to prepping the napkins. Stumbled on the use of a letter opener to initialize the napkin prep for the OP rose and this has worked very well w/o damaging the napkins.

Best Wishes,

Keith Mitchell
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Can you list some of the routines and effects on the Napkin Rose DvD ? I was looking at this, but wasn't sure that it had anything good on it. Thanks! Smile
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1303 Posts

Profile of DJG
I too rec'd it, and was not impressed. Since no one asked, I won't go into detail here.

Another way is to blow on the corner while giving it several flicks. This may be the way he explained, I honestly do not remember.
AmazingKeithy
View Profile
New user
Round Rock, Texas
99 Posts

Profile of AmazingKeithy

1. If you already know how to fold the napkin rose, you may be fine with simply purchasing the napkins from Michael. These napkins really make the rose look great
  2. I am not disappointed with the DVD for the following reasons.

1. I did not already know how to fold the napkin rose.
    2. I wanted the benefit of experience in the instructions from someone who has been doing this for a very long time.
    3. The Tea Rose is something I would not have thought of on my own and I believe this produces a prettier flower than the regular rose.
    4. The OP idea is also something I would have taken a long time to stumble upon. This also produces a much nicer flower.
    5. While the tricks aren’t anything special, they do constitute some nice ideas to help create a more well rounded presentation of the rose. When I watch the real pros, one thing that distinguishes them from the rest of us is all of the extra attention to detail and not allowing any potential magical moments to pass them by.

3. Finally, the scripting on this DVD is excellent. It’s not that Michael says anything all that amazing, just that he doesn’t stumble all over himself as he says it. The pacing in the teaching segments very good as well

Best Wishes,
Keith
AmazingKeithy
View Profile
New user
Round Rock, Texas
99 Posts

Profile of AmazingKeithy
Forgot to mention that a table of contents for the DVD is available at http://www.napkinrose.com. Just click on "Video".

Best Wishes,
Keith
Doc Eason
View Profile
V.I.P.
Aspen Colorado
429 Posts

Profile of Doc Eason
At the risk of touting a product that I also sell, I can’t help but extol the virtues of this product...

Rocky Mountain Magic also sells these napkins and the dvd’s ...

I am astounded at the enthusiastic responses from my audiences.. I am making them at every show and they are worth their weight in gold...

they aren’t on my website yet but if you just call my order line... we can take care of you..

thanks...

doc

800 594 7771
Doc Eason’s Rocky Mountain Magic

PO Box 50 / Basalt CO 81621

doc@doceason.com

http://doceason.com

http://doceasonmagicshop.com
Doc Eason
View Profile
V.I.P.
Aspen Colorado
429 Posts

Profile of Doc Eason
Regarding the dvd ...quality and content...

I think it is very well produced with some excellent ideas on it... several of my customers (who bought it even though they knew how to fold it already) have commented to me that the extra ideas on the dvd make it well worth the paltry $20 (plus you get 12 napkins) that it costs...

this is a worker...

doc
Doc Eason’s Rocky Mountain Magic

PO Box 50 / Basalt CO 81621

doc@doceason.com

http://doceason.com

http://doceasonmagicshop.com
Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
I know it's off topic cos it's not about this particular DVD but... I got the white rose off of Simon Lovells DVD set - if you like cards - it contains some great card effects so might offer better value for money ???
catch you later

Clarioneer
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Clarioneer

I PMed you.
Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
BTW - Simon's take on the rose and he stresses it - is that the created rose is magical enough and should not be turned into any kind of magic trick as it already is what it is... and I must say - Having given one to my wife it created more of an impression than any "magic" trick I have done for her...

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=857

Flowers and Chocolate really are the way to a woman's heart - shame I didn't realise this till after I got married Smile

Any tip I would add is to add some scent to the rose...
catch you later

Clarioneer
magicmode
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of magicmode
I haven't seen Simon's video... but I also agree (and stress on my Napkin Rose DVD) that the rose in itself is usually more than enough. Most of the time it's best to just make the rose and give it away with a smile. I do teach a couple of tricks with the roses (one that involves chocolate!) but a lot of the really valuable things I share are the tips about presenting the roses. Also, one of my favorite things is making the red part of the rose glow. This isn't a "trick" as much as a little touch that takes the reactions from "awwww!" to "awwww! that's really wonderful!!" Try it once and you'll know what I mean.
Thanks again to all of the people who have shared their thoughts on the roses. The reaction to the napkins and the DVD have been overwhelming to say the least.

Michael Mode
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1489 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
I got the DVD.It is a bargain.Easy to make up the rose and great ideas to use it .D'lite and chocolate kisses
routines are useful.