The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Review for Harry Lorayne is probably the BEST teacher.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Hi everyone, I know it would be too much to review this set, perhaps someone who has this set can give me a brief discription of the set and if its worth the purchase?
Thanks
Javalier
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
11 Posts

Profile of Javalier
Hi there, I have the entire set from 1 to 10. I would say that this set is 'quite' a lot to take! It's best to just purchase maybe the first three tapes in the set.

I will have to tell you that the magic within the set is really worth the purchase because all the magic are done with ordinary deck of cards. What you see, you can learn there and then. Really highly recommended, but do buy only the first three and test it out.
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
I love these dvds. Just pick the ones with the trick titles that appeal to you.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Thanks guys. I took your advice Javalier and bought Vol. 1-3
Javalier
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
11 Posts

Profile of Javalier
How do you like it? Hope I can have a feedback on my recommendation. Smile Do they interest you to purchase the others in the set? Seriously, till today, I still think the first three set are good enough to create a terrific routine to fit your style of magic.
Jeff M. Gray
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City, OK
78 Posts

Profile of Jeff M. Gray
Do not fear the faro... Smile I have 1-7 of this video series, and I'll share a few of my favorite tricks from volumes 4-7 since you have purchased 1-3...

Volume 4: "Estimation Aces" is great, though I've altered it quite a bit to my liking, and "Lorayne's poker deal #2" is great! Also, "Tally Ho" is fun, though a bit tedious...bring a table..Finally, for those of you who like a challenge, check out Lorayne's "The Ultra move"...good luck. I worked out this move, but never use it (just my preference) still great, though!

Volume 5: "The Sting" is worth the price of this volume by itself! "Ultra location prediction" is a fun and simple prediction effect

Volume 6: "Lazy man's card trick" a classic. "10 card poker deal" for those of you into a gambling presentation..."Out of this universe" is fun to play with.

Volume 7: "Para-Psychology" is a neat little 'four-card monte' effect with a surprise! "Monte plus plus!" Great, also! "Poor man's monte" My favorite 'monte' effect in the series..kills. "Would you believe in mindreading?" They will after you perform this. "Card shark and four gamblers" This is a marvelous effect. You should buy this volume just to see Harry perform this. "This is no coeenkeedeenkee!.." Heh!

I have to mention this to others...On Volume 3, Mr. Lorayne has a short discussion on palming. It is hilarious! (though good advice..) I crack up every time I see it. Check it out!
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1784 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
I only wish L&L will release 1-7 on DVD...
gilbert3
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of gilbert3
Hmmm...
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
In Flames: Why didn't you check with me? Why listen to someone like Javalier? Why would you think that he knows what he's talking about?
Javalier: I do appreciate your saying that the "set is really worth the purchase, but..." Then, think about it. How would you like it if you had three things to sell, and someone publicly said "Just buy the first one, you won't need the other two"? I'm sure you don't realize it, but if you really want to help me - don't help me!!
Jeff M. Gray: Thanks. You do have good taste!
Incidentally, all the volumes are now available in DVD. HARRY LORAYNE.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
I believe what Javalier is saying is get the first three and see if you like them rather then buy them all at once. And why wouldn't we listen to him if he owns the DVDs? It's like movies. Some movies Roger Ebert thinks are great other reviewers like don't like at all. Movies are what, $10 a pop these days? I no longer just go to the movies without getting some sort of opinion first. The same goes for books and DVDs. Not everyone has disposable income and they have to pick and choose what to buy. That's one of the reasons a lot of people come here. They come here to read what others think about products they might be interested in.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
I just recently puchased "Harry lorayna's Best ever collection". Can't wait!!! 'Piz"