The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: I have a question on the audiences of L & L Publishing. :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
I'm not sure if this topic goes here but it deals with DVD's/VHS. I'm wondering where they pick the spectators. Are they paid to be there? Are they coached, I personally think their responses are genuine myself. Are they Magician's friends or family? Are they under contract as I see the same people, Dave, John, Mike & His Wife, the two blondes...ect. Or do they get invites in the mail for taping? I noticed on the Bill Malone tapes, people were drinking & eating. Is it like a taping and brunch type of day? In the Sankey tapes I noticed that Jay, was commenting to a group of Magicians on his left. So are Magicians present and is it like a lecture later on? I also notice as a Gag like in the Andrew Wimhurst tapes, and Jack Carpenter Tape that they were shot as spectators in their own audiences. Anyone else notice? Watch closely. In the Ortiz tapes I also noticed that David Roth was in the audience. So how are these tapes, audience members put together ? I know David Regal, and others who have made tapes with them post their, maybe in their busy time's they can reply to this question. Anyway thanks, Ed, (Eddini).
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
The same gag happens in Paul Wilson DVDs too, which are not LLpub, so I think it is a common joke.

Also, I know that there are magicians at every shoot as well, but I'm not sure about the lecture. Also, there is probably refreshments and stuff afterwords. After all, after sitting through that taping, they would probably be hungry.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
There have been threads talking about this, do a search.
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Redstreak, what exact keywords would I use. "Spectator Taping" or something along those lines. Thanks, Ed, (Eddini).
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5942 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts