The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Your recommendation for DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Tiki
View Profile
Loyal user
Northwest Arkansas, USA
247 Posts

Profile of Tiki
I have seen some other threads on this topic, but what do you recommend between the following DVDs?

Dan Harlan's Bandshark
Dan Harlan's Magic with Rubberbands, Vol. 1 (or entire set)
Michael Ammar's Classic Renditions, Vol. 2

What do you think offers the best value?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Tiki
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Off The Cuff by Gregory Wilson
On The Spot by Gregory Wilson
the74rock
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of the74rock
I prefer on the spot then off the cuff
Tiki
View Profile
Loyal user
Northwest Arkansas, USA
247 Posts

Profile of Tiki
Thanks for the Wilson DVD recommendations. I agree both of them are very good. However, I am looking for a DVD on rubberband magic and was looking for a recommendation (and explanation for that choice) of one of the DVDs listed in my post.

Again, thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers,

Tiki
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Dan Harlan's Magic with Rubberbands series is excellent and will teach you all you need to know about rubberband magic for the hobbyist all the way to professional worker in the magic field.

The Ammar Classic renditions is a lot of money for the CMH effect and one other band routine.

The Harlan vids each have at least like 10 different amazing and usable effects on them including CMH- the band through band, reverse CMH or Back together, CMH one strand at a time, Broken and restored band, travelling cash (where the dollar moves up and down the strands of a band), borrowed ring defying gravity (crawling up a stretched rubberband without any movement of the hands)

Band shark was produced way before the 3 video series was shot. Most of the material on Bandshark is also on the 3 video series. I find that these tapes really helped me in my magic career. Rubberband magic is great because everyone identifies with rubberbands because they're part of everyday life. People know what rubberbands can and cannot do. They take up no pocket space (worn on your wrist), examinable, instant reset, can be given away Smile It really is STRONG material. Go with the Dan Harlan 3 Volume Set on Magic with Rubberbands from L+L Publishing.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
School for Scoundrels has just released two awesomed DVDs that include PDF files and the movies... one is a two disk set on the 3 Card Monte, the other on the Fast and Loose chain swindle.

Great stuff.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
jaybaby
View Profile
New user
Australia
87 Posts

Profile of jaybaby
Oddly enough, only one reply was in response to the question. The others must not have read the initial post, oh well.

Anyway, I cant comment cos I don't own any of these but I'm looking to get some so more opinions would be great.
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Go for Dan Harlan's Magic with Rubberbands volume 1 first then proceed to Bandshark.

the volume 1 of Dan Harlan has killer routines on rubber bands especially the classic Penetrating Rubberbands (also known as Crazy Man's Handcuffs)

Bandshark has killer tricks too plus it has the eye-popping Shrinking Rubberband effect.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Lennart green's green magic Smile some of the best miracles you'll ever see Smile and done by misdirection by manuel muerte
Tiki
View Profile
Loyal user
Northwest Arkansas, USA
247 Posts

Profile of Tiki
Let me rephrase my question:

Which DVD or DVDs for RUBBERBAND Magic do you recommend and why?

Thanks for your thoughts on this as well as the other suggestions above.

Tiki
atrudo
View Profile
Regular user
New Hampshire
190 Posts

Profile of atrudo
The Dan Harlan rubber band series is great. All three volumes contain some killer stuff. The one with the linking tricks is my favorite.