The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Classics of Magic-Larry Jennings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Boroballa
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Boroballa
I was wondering if this video is a good purchase for card magic. I have a card videos but the effects taught on this sound very storng, I especially want to learn The Visitor. So does anybody else have this video and is it worth getting?
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Get his book "The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings". Not only does it have this fantastic routine it also has so many other incredible tricks that this book is considered a must have. It is not for beginners however, but this book will serve you better then his DVD's. Jennings was in decline when the videos were shot and while they are pricless for recording him so that we can all watch this master(even if he was sick), but his genius is ultimatly found in the magic in his books and in those who knew him personally. Many are disappointed by these DVD's.

I read that there is a VHS set of Jennings in Europe that does catch glimpses of him in his prime. Can anyone who has this tape comment?

I believe your money is better spent on other DVD's at this point in your magic career, or on a good book. "Jennings'67" by Kaufman is another fascinating book! Very advanced magic for the most part.
Drive Carefully
neves710
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of neves710
Larry Jennings is one of my fav's. Get all his books and dvds. You can't go wrong.