The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Gary Ouellet on Video? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
HofzinsersFan
View Profile
New user
Scotland
81 Posts

Profile of HofzinsersFan
Hello folks. I just saw a clip of Mr Ouellet on YouTube performing close-up sleight of various things.
I love this guy and have recently got his Close Up illusions book and it is such a delight to read. He was a very creative mind. Someone who thought differently to your average magical thinker, in my opinion - Which is what I usually say about Jerry Andrus too.
I digress!
Can you point me towards any video/DVD that Mr Ouellet performed on, be it a teaching video or performance?
I would hope to find something where he is teaching some of his own sleights, as I imagine he loved to talk about them and how they evolved (which I always find very interesting).
If there are no teaching videos though then I simply want some video of the great man performing because he was superb and there's a dearth of him on YouTube. I have made the assumption that that is due to there not being much of him on video...am I wrong in this assumption?
Thanks in advance.
Paul.
Smile
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

.Smile What do you mean you don't read?

You need to read FITZKEE
- Dick Oslund, 2019.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
There's "The Very Best of Gary Ouellet," three-DVD set. I don't think they are available as a stream. The DVDs are excellent.
ekins
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
516 Posts

Profile of ekins
There's a companion video to his "Close Up Illusions" book where he shows how the sleights look from the spectator's point of view. I don't think it was ever released in DVD format and I don't see it for sale anymore. Maybe watch eBay for a copy to become available.
HofzinsersFan
View Profile
New user
Scotland
81 Posts

Profile of HofzinsersFan
Thank you both for that info. I should be able to get it. Brilliant!
Smile

You need to read FITZKEE
- Dick Oslund, 2019.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4760 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Gary was the best. Close Up Illusions was my very first magic book many moons ago. Great book and Gary was super nice to deal with.
HofzinsersFan
View Profile
New user
Scotland
81 Posts

Profile of HofzinsersFan
I first saw him on the Dai Vernon Revelations series and could see he was a friendly, likeable guy. But I didn't realise he was as creative and his ideas quite so original as I discovered upon reading his book! I bet 'Close-up Illusions' was a great introduction to magic. Smile
Smile

You need to read FITZKEE
- Dick Oslund, 2019.
BeachCat
View Profile
New user
Vegas Baby!
54 Posts

Profile of BeachCat
I'll send you a PM. I have a couple of videos that he made and you're right, they never came out on DVD.
Fungineer
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Fungineer
Are there any GO books or lecture notes on his stage illusions?
Olorin
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Olorin
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2020, ekins wrote:
There's a companion video to his "Close Up Illusions" book where he shows how the sleights look from the spectator's point of view. I don't think it was ever released in DVD format and I don't see it for sale anymore. Maybe watch eBay for a copy to become available.

He did the same for his book "The Pass" - made an accompanying video (VHS only, I think) for the purposes of illustrating sections of the book, not educational in itself (ie not much good standalone). I couldn't get hold of it for love nor money after I got the book, and eventually gave up trying. I didn't think of eBay, though - I might renew my hunt!