The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Extreme Cuts DVD by Keone :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Just got this...WHOA!!! It has tons of false cuts, flourishes etc. Highly recommended!
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5211 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Where can we buy it? Any suggestions.
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
I got it off Ebay. Just do a search I guess.
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
alexmagic
View Profile
New user
ZARAGOZA, Spain
21 Posts

Profile of alexmagic
juton
View Profile
New user
Yorkshire
43 Posts

Profile of juton
Capcuts is also very good.
http://www.expertmagic.com/html/store/c4/thecuts.html

Regards
Juton
rlk7
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of rlk7
How is the "Remix" cut? When I watched the demo video and saw that, I thought...I need this.

So how is that cut?
KidMagic87
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of KidMagic87
It doesn't look that impressive compared to De'vo's work and the Flourishman's work. They are true flourish artists. All Keone seems to do are variations on sybils and charlier stuff, where as De'vo and Flourishman are extremely creative and have invented new ways to cut cards.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
This has only just been released so will probably be available in more places shortly.

Paul.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2250 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Just watched the demo video, I'm not too impressed. I don't own any other flourish videos, but from what I've seen, I would probably turn to CapCuts or De'vo before I bought this one. Maybe it's just the demo vid that's poor. Generally, I don't like to be negative about a product without really exploring it, but this has no appeal to me.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
I like Keone and think he is the way to go for cuts. Much better than CAP or the Buck Twins IMO. De'vo and Jerry are still the rulers of flourishes in general, but for cuts exclusively, I think I will check out the DVD.

Phantom
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2955 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
He definately doesn't look better than the Bucks. Like it was said before, it looks like a bunch of variation on sybil cuts.

Also, someone said he is really good at false cuts. If you are performing flourishes like the person in videos is, what's the use in them being false cuts if all you are doing is flourishes?
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
David,
the "false cut" aspect is a bonus, in that you can go into an entire series of convuluted cuts but yet retain the entire deck in its original order, and that, for some reason, is a nice touch to fancy cuts. I don't know why, it just is. I don't think it makes the cuts more impressive than they are but people (like me) just like them being false.

And yeah, the Bucks are definitely better than Keone, even though K is pretty good, but not as good as I originally imagined him to be (I heard that he was one of those major flourishers and that he was supposed to really good.).

P.S.
The cuts in the DVD don't have the flair that the cuts that the Bucks have, Keone doesn't have the style that the Bucks have, and on the other hand, he doesn't have the variety that the superhandz/handlordz people like De'vo and Jerry have. So he's like stuck in-between both sides, thus making the DVD seem very mediocre (at least to me).

Quote:
On 2004-05-29 17:05, rlk7 wrote:
How is the "Remix" cut...when I watched the demo video and saw that, I thought...I need this...

So how is that cut?

It's just Tudor's Bad Habit with several minor modifications. For an entire rework of Tudor's Bad Habit, you should check out the Bucks' Madonna cut which is Bad habit on steroids. It was in Pasteboard Animations which will be a bonus in their upcoming DVD, the Dan and Dave system.
"Watch this, you ready now? Watch this, watch, watch, watch, watch now, watch closely, watch this, you watching now? Watch, watch..." - David Blaine
rlk7
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of rlk7
OK, thanks.

By the way, is the Revolution cut or the Tudor Cut on Showoff?

Sorry to get off topic. Thanks. ~Ryan
Tielie
View Profile
Special user
749 Posts

Profile of Tielie
What place should one go for all false cuts?
I am thinking of a routine which needs some false cuts and some flourishy stuff would fit in it perfectly.
Deal cards, not drugs!
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On 2004-05-29 22:31, phantomace wrote:
I like Keone and think he is the way to go for cuts. Much better than CAP or the Buck Twins IMO. De'vo and Jerry are still the rulers of flourishes in general, but for cuts exclusively, I think I will check out the DVD.

Phantom

You gotta be kidding me. I'm not saying that these cuts are bad, but you made it seem like he was really deadly with the cuts. I like the Bucks video better, but I do agree with you about the Cap Cut DVD which is the most annoying out of the cut dvds.
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
The bucks is better than Keone, but some cuts look interesting.

I wonder if it was that good if it's already on Ebay.

lol
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2004-05-30 01:28, CLJ wrote:
It's just Tudor's Bad Habit with several minor modifications. For an entire rework of Tudor's Bad Habit, you should check out the Bucks' Madonna cut which is Bad habit on steroids. It was in Pasteboard Animations which will be a bonus in their upcoming DVD, the Dan and Dave system.

Hi CLJ, where can I see a demo and buy the Madonna cut?
Thank you/
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
LOL, you are wrong! Hit the road! Your right, no filters. That is why you can clearly see the twin on the right during the intro get stuck on his sybil!LOL, showing he is not smooth! Then he falls down the elscaltor which was the highlite of the DVD.
I've seen them live several times, and they were awful! A joke. Besides, they admitted to me that they used editing.

Phantom
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
All I'll say is that everyone is good at what they want to do.

Dan and Dave seem to have a different vision than others, and they do what they do. Handlordz/Superhandz have their own vision and style of what they want to do, and more power to them.

All this juvenile bickering over who is better is silly. Just go out and perform and let the performance speak for itself.

Since this thread is about Keone and his DVD, and I don't have it, I will say that the demo does not do justice to the talent of Keone.

K.C. Ushijima
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
The post is about Keone, but thanks to the Buck Twin promoting team, it got changed.

I will buy Keone's DVD and give a full review.