The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Need an opinon fast on ETMCM 1 vs vol 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Boroballa
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Boroballa
I have reently orderd EtMCM vol 2 from magicproshop.com. I was debating whether or not to get this volume or volume 1. I read each effect and in volume one I alread knew how to do 8 card barinwave and a version of triumph. The effect I was interested in was Red Hot Mama, which I really want to learn, Cannibal Cards, and a video instrunction on Paul Harri's Las Vegas Leaper. Many people say that vol. 2 is the best so I checked it out and decided on that. Then I thought over what I ordered and saw that I already know "Be honest what is it" which I heard is quite similar to Dr. Dalyes last trick, ambitious card routine and a version of mcdonalds aces. So the effects I was interested in were twisitng the aces, card warp, and overkill. Then I read more about twisting the aces and from what I have read, I don't really get what the climax is? Could anybody tell me becasue as far as I know all that happens is each ace turns over one at a time and I can alrady acheive this. So is twisting the aces different than what I realize, and from this, which volume do you think I should purchase. Or maybe even volume 3. Need opinion fast.
gocall911
View Profile
Loyal user
Salem, VA
247 Posts

Profile of gocall911
Vol. 1 is what I would go with. Great video with some really great effects that I use all the time.
"Use your head." ~Dai Vernon~
Cliff G
View Profile
Loyal user
Madrid - Spain
297 Posts

Profile of Cliff G
They are both fantastic DVD's. If you can get both...or even better get 1-3. Along with Tommy Wonder and Osterlind DVD sets these have been my best purchases by far!
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Volume 2 is better than volume 1 overall. For me the choice is easy.
Drive Carefully
Boroballa
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Boroballa
Can anyone of you explain twisting the aces? The entire effect? I know what happens, but what happens in the end? And is Red Hot Mama a much greater effect?
ollason
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ollason
Every DVD in the series has some great effects on it. Vols 1 & 2 are both excellent - maybe, for me, Vol 2 just shades it.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2250 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I also vote for volume 2. Great material on there. Volume one also has good stuff, but I feel like most of the stuff on volume two is stronger.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
If those are your only 2 choices, go with volume 1. At the very least, it will get you interested in his style and teaching methods...not to mention some awesome tricks.

Jeff
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
Didn't you say you already ordered Volume 2?

All six of the series are excellent. For what it's worth, my favorite is Volume 4.

The Twisting the Aces effect is pretty much as you described. They turn over one by one. That's basically it. Makes a good follow-up after producing four aces magically.
mysterious_guy
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of mysterious_guy
They are both great, but Volume 2 is just a little better.
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
I would say volume 2 is best. However, I strongly suggest that you get the entire series. About your question, Twisting the Aces is an effect where the four aces turn over one by one. There is no, "Climax." As for Red Hot Mama, what do you mean is it a much greater effect? Much greater effect than what? It is nothing like Twisting the Aces in any way. Perhaps you could be more specific so we could better help you?
Boroballa
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Boroballa
Ya sorry. I know what happens in each effect, I was just wondering which one you would rather perform?
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
They are nothing alike so you can't really compare them. I use Red Hot Mama all the time in my routine, but if you are wondering which volume is better, I would go with volume 2. Volume 1 is also well worth the money, and I recommend both of them.

Shane Wiker
TerryLam
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of TerryLam
I think you should buy both of them, and I prefer volume 2.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1784 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
I guess I am in the minority of those who have posted, but I prefer volume 1. But not by a whole heck of a lot.
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I'd go with Volume 2 instead of 1, IMO.
I personally liked the tricks in Volume 2 rather than Volume 1.