The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Sankeys Three Ring Circus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
bg
View Profile
Veteran user
Indy
313 Posts

Profile of bg
Now that this has been out awhile for those that own it have you continued to use this trick or has it ended up in the junk drawer?

Also how about the other tricks on the vid, are any of these being used.

Penguin has this at 30 bucks and I think I might get it but wanted to know if it's a keeper.

Thanks.

Brian
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Brian,

I sent you a PM on this. I really like the DVD and the effect and the extra "bonus" items on the DVD--particularly "Dowsing" (an impromptu version of Paul Curry's "Out of this World").

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
sir_hugo
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of sir_hugo
I am tempted by this too, but troubled by some stirrings over its lack of examinability (contrary to what Sankey says in the ad).

Now, I'm not worried about examinability per se - that's down to spectator management, but if it isn't examinable, why does Sankey make such a big deal out of the fact that it is?

Can anyone shed any light?

Tom
bg
View Profile
Veteran user
Indy
313 Posts

Profile of bg
I think as long as it is routined to ditch the gaff it should be examinable. There's no question that this trick in a close up situation is going to have to be handed out at some point.

I believe from what I read is that Sankey has a good routine for it.

For those who own it is that the case?

Brian
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
"Dowsing" is worth the price of the DVD!!!!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2004-05-17 19:49, MagicChris wrote:
"Dowsing" is worth the price of the DVD!!!!!!

Boy! You've got that right!! Chris. Talk about a killer routine.

BTW, Sankey demonstrates the VST move by moving the selected cards out and away from the deck. I saw a variation of this move where the deck is moved back away from the selected cards and, IMHO, the move is a lot more deceptive.

Just a thought for those who really like the Dowsing routine and might be having some angle "issues" with the VST move.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
I just obtained 3 ring circus and think it is great. You could really do some killer close-up with the rings, yes they are examinable but obviously you’ll have to do a switch here and there, nothing that a lot of us have not done already a thousand times before.

I love some of the bonus effects as well, now I’ll bet you $50.00 that I can predict which card you will stop on…
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
(I posted this elsewhere, but need to post this here)

Thank you Penguin Magic! Maxwell, you are TOPS!

Doug
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17428 Posts

Profile of joseph
Don't forget Yes and No. Another jaw dropper, and easy to do! Great DVD.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
My rings arrived. Wow, that was FAST! No charge, and free shipping. I am humbly moved by Penguin's generosity. As an extra bonus, I find I now have a set of SIX ungaffed, and one gaffed (When they tear down this condo in a hundred years, they're probably going to find the one I lost). That gives me an idea. Link 3 together, and put in pocket. Switch out the linked gaffed 3, midway through the routine, and hand out. It's an alternative ending...maybe it's lame, I don't know, but those extra rings are just ripe for creativity.

There are not many businesses like Penguin. Sort of reminds me of the old Tannen's or Flosso-Hornmann, where they used to go WAY out of the way to win over a new customer. These guys are marketing geniouses! One look at their website gives you just a peek at what I've discovered. That "mistake" (3-Ring Circus price reduction) is another example of marketing strategy. I wish I'd bought this from them. I'd have saved a bundle, PLUS free shipping! They took care of me anyway, just as if I was one of their long-time customers. Unbelievable in this world today.

3-Ring Circus is something that fits the style I've come to adopt...the "ordinary objects" type of effects. It seems the simpler the effect, the better. I'd love to find some other add-ons to this, using the extra rings I now have. The switching in and out has to be done with precision. On the off-beat. Close quarters.

If you are thinking about getting this, I cannot recommend it any higher...this is going to be carried with me in a COIN purse, so I don't lose this one!

Doug
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
Is "Three Ring Circus" based loosely on "Leaving Home", or am I in a different ballpark?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff
Nikos
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Nikos
Jeff totally different concept.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Magic Makers and Keith Arlen Lack are two other great companies who really care baout their customers.
Yours,

Ivan
jaybaby
View Profile
New user
Australia
87 Posts

Profile of jaybaby
Is 3 ring circus going to come back into stock soon penguin?