The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: The Unexpected Visitor DVD - Coming Soon! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Just to let those who need one MORE DVD on their shelf, I've just sent The Unexpected Visitor DVD to the duplicators. So typically around 2 weeks and I'll be able to ship. This will have all the coin routines from the book, plus 3 new routines just for fun (including my performance-only take on Coins & Cylinder).

For those of you who don't know, the book is sub-titled "coin magic for the walk-around performer" and all the routines were designed to play in this environment. The routines are all performed standing, take up little or no table space, and most reset instantly.

Hope to see you in 2 weeks.

Doug Brewer
San Diego, CA
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Yay Doug!!!

I've read your book, have a tons of variations (if I can ever get to San Diego soon I'll show you).

Your stuff is some of my most favorite. This should be fun.

Chris
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I have Doug's lecture video and his Get Bent DVD and I am ordering this new one!!!!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
This sounds great! I don't see how a restaurant/strolling worker could be without this.
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
For anyone wanting to do good solid coin magic, I highly recommend this! No knuckle busting moves...no "pipedreams"...just plain old good solid effects! Besides, Doug mentions my name in the book Smile!!!

Mike
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Great News, Doug!

"TUE" is a great book full of working material. A DVD will help reassure the cautious that it all looks as good as it reads.

Just wondering, where will the DVD be available when it does hit the stands?

Can't wait to see the C&C.

Curtis
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1695 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Same here Doug, Loved the book, can't wait to see the show!

Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Curtis, it should be out through the usual suspects: Murphy's, Magic City, etc. I don't think I'll be doing any exclusives so it should hit a wider market, maybe make it a little easier to find.

I'm updating my webpage right now to coincide with the DVD release. It will have a new look and should be easier to navigate if anyone wants to buy direct.

I perform in front of a 2 person audience this time (unlike the Get Bent DVD) during the "performance" section. One of the person's had never seen close-up magic before so she was a great audience. Her reaction on the stack of coins appearance (under the cork in the cylinder) was great. She thought maybe one coin would be there (anticipating the climax) but all 3 really nailed her.

Doug
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Doug's book really got me to enjoy coin magic a lot more.

In fact, I liked the book so much I bought 4 to give to friends... magic friends that is. I just promised the last one to someone a few days ago.

Some great stuff.

Looking forward to the DVD Doug.
I know I'll buy a copy.

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
phread
View Profile
Elite user
md
486 Posts

Profile of phread
Gotta chime in as well... the book is great!!, and I'll probably get the dvd also!
phread

"the Hook Revisited" is an amazing little routine/trick.
Deckless Wonder
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I agree - Doug has some nice, practical coin magic in his book. I have performed a few of the routines from that book myself. I will look forward to reviewing the DVD.
Click to visit:
Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
Count me in for a copy too, Doug. I'm a huge fan of your book.
Eric Grossman
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, MO
429 Posts

Profile of Eric Grossman
I just ordered the book from Doug's website. Now, I wait.

Eric Grossman
family/magic/music/life
Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
You're gonna love it, Eric!
MICKEY SILVER
View Profile
Elite user
Boston, Ma.
442 Posts

Profile of MICKEY SILVER
Doug had sent me a gift about 4 weeks ago.........It was his book! I took it one morning with me to STARBUCKS..I went through it in detail while drinking my 4 cups of coffee. It was excellent, I contacted Him that night and had to say..I could see the real effort and dedication he applied to his book. So we can be certain the same dedication and effort was applied to his DVD.....Giving us all a chance to see some excellent coin magic at its best.

THANKS DOUG,
YOUR FRIEND,

MICKEY
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
One more comment. I don't know if it was where I was at with coin magic but I felt it was THE book that pushed me to do more difficult coin magic.

Retention Vanish
Classic Palm
Retention Vanish while Classic Palming
Himber Count
etc.

Until then I just practiced those moves.

I really feel that practicing a move is great but unless you have a routine to use it with AND that you're excited about, your practice is really not entirely worth the time spent.

I guess I'm saying that the routines in the book were exciting enough to make me get those moves performance ready.

I know you want me to go on but ....
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
I loved the book. It has been a "sleeper" here where I live but I suspect a dvd/video will change that.
Unfortunately for me...good for a lot of others!;-)
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
Doug,

Nooooo!!

Make them read it, bro!!!!
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1784 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Doug (or anyone else), what is your website URL?
ugdini13
View Profile
Loyal user
Chino,Ca
259 Posts

Profile of ugdini13
I have to agree with Lonnie on this one, the material in the book is too good...Put your lecture video on DVD so they can see a sample of your coin work. These people will have to buy the book then.

Kelly
"Perfection is in the details, but detail is no Perfection"-Dai Vernon