The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Manual Muerte dvd (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
steve proescher
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia Beach
147 Posts

Profile of steve proescher
Saw a dvd by Manual Muerte advertised on Hank Lee's site. Anyone seen it? After seeing the Flicking Fingers dvd, this one might be a "must have".
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Man, if this is true I would buy it right away. I loved his work on the Flicking Fingers DVD. Something about his style ammused me a great deal. All of the fingers are so talented and Mr. Muerte is no exception. This would be such great news!

Here is the press from Hank Lee's site and the link.
http://hanklee.org/xcart/customer/produc......p;page=1

Manuel Muerte, FISM winner, master of misdirection and member of the Flicking Fingers, demonstrates his tried and tested tricks in front of a live audience. Clear and easy to follow explanations allow an insight not only into the methods, but into ground laying principles and philosophies. In over two hours of view time, you will learn 21 original stand up and close-up routines. You will accompany Manuel for a day in Berlin, getting to grips with the fundamental basics of misdirection. And, as a special bonus, Manuel will perform his award-winning FISM act, for the first time on DVD!

Contents include: The Vanishing Candle; About (Mis)Direction; Cards Under Glass; Bill In Lemon; Bill In Cigarette; Impromptu $100 Bill Change; The Ring On Wand; Grandpa's Cigar Box; The Vanishing Marker; 4 Ace Trick; the Floating Spread; Card In Shoe; Business Card Sponge; Time Is Money; The Cap; The Coin And The Marker; Casanova's Coins; Credit Card To Wallet; The Cups and Balls and more
Drive Carefully
Magicman862
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincy, OH
385 Posts

Profile of Magicman862
I ordered it, but Hank has not recieved them yet. I will post when I get it.
Ahmed Gasteli
View Profile
New user
Tunis, Tunisia
26 Posts

Profile of Ahmed Gasteli
I saw Manuel lecture in nyc 3 weeks ago and his magic was outstanding. He is a true master at misdirection and is very entertaining. Although I didn't see the dvd, I am sure it will reflect that.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2955 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I just saw Manuel at the Conclave Convention last month. He is truly amazing. You should definately get the dvd. I just ordered it a week ago but they haven't recieved them yet. I just talked to someone at Hanklee and they said that they should expect them to come in this week sometime.
ThorstenHappel
View Profile
Loyal user
Düsseldorf / New York, NY
203 Posts

Profile of ThorstenHappel
Beware: My opinion is NOT objective at all.

Manuel is a great performer with an exceptional knowledge and long time experience performing for all kinds of audiences. I have known him for many years and it was a blast seeing him and Pit Hartling again here in New York two weeks ago.

I think everyone who saw his lecture here in New York was very impressed.

Without having seen the DVD, I am sure it has lots of great material on it that will be entertaining for any kind of audience.

One tip: the DVD has two sides. One has the English, the other the German version on it. If you put in the DVD and wonder about the strange language … just flip it. Manuel mentioned that he should have communicated that feature better on the package.
Thorsten
-----------------------------------------

"If this be magic, let it be an art ..."
-- William Shakespeare, The Winter's Tale, Act 5, Scene 3
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Get the DVD. This guy is awesome!
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I also enjoyed him at his lecture in NYC. Wonderful misdirection, fooling us time after time after time in front of our noses. A great sense of humor too.

Jack Shalom
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I attended his lecture at FISM last July. Some of the effects on the DVD were shown during his lecture. They are sure worth a look.

His floating spread will make you say, "How didn't I think of that". It uses something that you or your kids may have lying around somewhere. They even gave us one at FISM for free (not for the effect). You will laugh when you see it.

His take on the Bill in Lemon/Cigarette is also interesting and different.
Yours,

Ivan
Welshwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
Wales
292 Posts

Profile of Welshwizard
What is his Cups and Balls routine like?
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I haven't seen that.
Yours,

Ivan
Joel Givens
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Joel Givens
I got the dvd from him at 4f. It is great, lots of great material. One of the highlights was an easy, but clever ace assembly. Get the dvd, you won't be dissapointed.
Magicman862
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincy, OH
385 Posts

Profile of Magicman862
Does anybody know if it has shipped?
Paul
treysdaddy
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of treysdaddy
I got to see him live in Houston and bought the dvd. The entertainment value of the dvd alone is worth the money. The effects shown are top notch and very useable Of course, you'll have to adapt them to your style. His character is hilarious as you could imagine for a German with the name Manuel Muerte. His award winning FISM act is on the dvd and is awesome for comedy and magic (no explanations of this).

Bill
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2955 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2004-05-30 00:36, treysdaddy wrote:
His award winning FISM act is on the dvd and is awesome for comedy and magic (no explanations of this).

Even if there was I would never watch it. I saw him perform it live at the Conclave convention and I still have no idea how he resealed the wine bottle.

Also, I still haven't receive this dvd from Hanklee. Apparently they are still waiting for them to be shipped to by Manuel. If you can find this somewhere else then I suggest you do or you might have to wait a while like I am.
treysdaddy
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of treysdaddy
[quote]On 2004-05-30 01:13, David Ranalli wrote:

Even if there was I would never watch it. I saw him perform it live at the Conclave convention and I still have no idea how he resealed the wine bottle.
[quote]
David, my thoughts exactly. He did the act for us and it was hilarious. Also, don't worry, you still won't know how he did the resealed bottle after watching the dvd.

Bill
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
I also saw Manuel in NYC at the end of April 2004. He and Pit were great! I bought the DVD directly from him and saw most of it later that night. It is 150 minutes long and it can be viewed in either English or German. A number of the routines are well woth the price of the DVD. One of my favorites is coin through pantyhose. What I also like about the DVD is that there are references (when available or known) to those who have contributed, in one way or another, to a particular trick. The video quality is also superb!
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2955 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I noticed that hocus-pocus has this dvd for sale. Does anyone know if they are on back order like on Hanklee?
Jason London
View Profile
Loyal user
Napa Valley
207 Posts

Profile of Jason London
Hi Dave,

We have them in-stock and ready for shipment. We got the DVD's in a couple of days ago.

The DVD is excellent by the way.

Thanks,
Jason London

This space for rent
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
What I would like to know is where he gets the mice from, they certainly don't look like the kind in a normal magic shop.

I like the size. It seems to be better for using as a load as well.

If anyone knows where I can find one or two, please let me know.