The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Magic on the Menu DVD? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
I saw this on e-bay while searching for the magic menu books. I have never heard of this DVD or of Carroll Baker. Does anybody have this, or heard of it before? The description is right from ebay.

Carroll’s magic is great for table-hopping and strolling events. This DVD has 11 effects from Carroll’s working repertoire. Carroll’s experience comes from performing magic "table-side" in restaurants for over 10 years. His sharp wit and funny routines keep the customers coming back.

The effects on this DVD cover a wide range of entertainment with Cards, Coins, 3-D Sponge Rabbits, Mentalism and even an un-gimmicked chop cup routine.

Sponge Bunnies – A 3 phase multiplying rabbit routine for any audience. Very Puny Patter.

Inflation – a perfect, enlarging coin routine.

Cheaters Lament – A card opener that will slay them and get them to want more.

Shaken, Not Stirred – A "twisting the Aces" routine, that has a surprise finish.

Just Think – a very gutsy, direct to the point, thought-of-card effect. Almost like real mind reading.

Chopped Lemon – Un-gimmicked, chop cup routine that you can walk away and leave on the table.

Coins across – This clean and easy handling of 4 coins will make you look like a sleight of hand pro!

Ambitious card to wallet – with thousands of performances, this routine has been fine tuned to the best parts. The kicker is a no-palm card to wallet.

Dragon Okito – an easy to do, one ahead, coin box routine. Start and end clean. Use this to keep the magicians and layman guessing.

Leftovers – A very funny, magician in trouble, predicted card with a kicker routine. Start saving the jokers, you’re going to need them.

The Ring in Box trick – Performance only! This is one of Carroll’s closers.
Magictrickster
View Profile
Regular user
UK
114 Posts

Profile of Magictrickster
I've never heard of this performer - It would be interesting to hear from someone who has or who has seen the DVD, and can comment on it.

Brian.
Brian
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2377 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Not having seen the dvd, I can't speak as to its quality. But I have seen Mr. Baker work in restraunts and his routines are quite effective. If you are looking for new groundbreaking material, go elsewhere. But if you are looking for sound material for real people, then this might suit you.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
neves710
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of neves710
This look like homemade jobs. I didn't really find anything new and excited on this dvd.