The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: 21st Century Coin Mechanics DVD (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
blackstone99
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of blackstone99
21st Century Coin Mechanics DVD by Larry Barnowsky.

If you would really like to up your coin magic game with powerful sleights that few people know or can do, get this DVD. These are not impossible sleights. Anyone with some practice can learn them. The 15 sleights are taught in incredible detail and from multiple angles and are broken down into 3 categories: 6 Vanishes, 4 Transfers, and 5 Changes. The holy grail of vanishes is the Universal Retention Vanish (URV) which is a must to learn. It is a great utility move which can be used as the cleanest retention vanish you will ever see, an amazing visible coin change, and an instant one hand vanish. The Flying Changeover Palm is another sleight that will allow you to do routines with regular coins that would normally require gaffed coins. Coins change hands invisibly and almost effortlessly. The Pivoting Changeover Palm is the cleverest move I’ve ever seen. Like all of these sleights it's very angle proof and will allow incredible false counts and acquitments. What is beautiful to watch is Larry performing these in the context of a routine. In Coins from Vegas, the coins literally seem to come from nowhere. Any magician watching might think he has some exotic coin dropper up his sleeve. Nope, just smooth flawless sleight of hand. The Coin and Cup routine is a gorgeous nonstop tour de force with a normal cup and three coins. Silver coins appear one by one in the cup, change to gold, change back to silver, vanish one by one only to reappear one by one in different places and then a surprising finale which I will not spoil because you will be fooled when you watch the performance. Each performance is explained in detail and although the sleights are taught separately in the second half of the DVD, they are briefly explained again here. Boomerang Coins is the coins across that is done with four regular coins and no gaffs, just exquisite sleight of hand. Two methods of doing the copper silver transposition are performed and explained. The Bertam Changeover Palm is fairly easy to learn and a very useful and powerful sleight. The DVD is professionally produced and the menu easy to navigate. There is even original music by Larry (Riches Beyond Belief) and an Easter egg at the end unrelated to magic which you will enjoy.
At $27.50 you get over 100 minutes of performance and instruction which is a bargain considering the quality and originality of the material being revealed. Highly recommended without reservation.

Paul
blackstone99
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of blackstone99
I forgot to post a link for the DVD.

http://www.barnowskymagic.com/21CCMDVD.html
wunceaponatime
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of wunceaponatime
I agree with everything that Paul says. This DVD will teach you how to do do elegant coin magic that doesn't use the same moves every magician is using. The sleights taught are powerful and can be learned with some practice. The routines are professionally performed with Larry's actual patter. Two of the routines are done in verse which is amazing in itself. My favorite is the copper silver transposition done with just two coins and in the hands with no table.

David
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hi y'all, Doug here again.

I am working on studying, not necessarily reviewing, this DVD. It's already been accurately reviewed. I want to go into depth on several levels. The routines, yes. But the MECHANICS. I wanna know how YOU feel. Do you think that URV is on a level with Mickey Silver's? I do. Even without his "style", you can see how it works backwards and forwards. Eat the coin, put it in your ear and out your mouth. That same propulsion. Dynamics. And, most of all, CHARISMA!

Very few people have the charisma of Mickey Silver. The man can LEAD a crowd, SURROUNDED! And...baffle them to babbling! I could BARELY keep attention at the Lani Kai, until I made my silk fly around the room. Sleights? Not so much. I see people like Mickey, "Mr. Smooth" Marion Boykin or Vinny do their unique stuff...I am not worthy! LOL!

I use a Changeover Palm to clean up after a coin vanishes. Larry's FCP uses TWO coins. And his is close to the body. I like the change to Chinese coin. Speaking of which, those four coins you can get from him are Mace/Kandareens. Perfect for dollar-sized coin work! With those, I can use my spare Raven as a hold-out. Right in the back jeans pocket!

My Changeover Palm is really FLYING...the coin is in the air a split second. It's done turning left to right. Half dollars work better in my small hands. But I can do it with a Bic lighter. Knacky, but with a bit of work, I've done it. This Changeover Palm of Larry's produces a different effect. So does the Pivot CP. One cannot have too many "weapons" at one's disposal! Your thoughts?

Doug
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
I recommend that beginners work on the Pivoting Changeover Palm first since it is easier to master.
boxjumper
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of boxjumper
A great DVD with sleights that are powerful and unique. The routines are beautifully constructed with meaningful patter. It's a bargain considering you will be getting teaching not available anywhere else. The original book is also fantastic and I would get it white it's still in print.

BJ
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Thanks so much for those comments BJ.

The DVD is currently my best seller. 50 copies left in stock.

I have a few remaining hardcover 21st Century Coin Mechanics books in stock which will NOT be reprinted.

Larry
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Running a special this week for the 21st Century Coin mechanics DVD. Mention Magic Café Coin Special in PM or Paypal comments when you order the DVD and get your choice of a genuine US Ike Silver Dollar or an antique silver dollar size Chinese coin from the British colonial era of China (has milled edges and the coin will attract a magnet).

More DVD info here
Theo
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Theo
I have just ordered the combo and can't wait. Larry has been very helpful.
ActionJack
View Profile
Regular user
Pacific NW
120 Posts

Profile of ActionJack
Just ordered a copy myself, looking forward to getting it.