The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: What to get next for close up card tricks DVD? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
Hi,

I love card magic, and I am in a dilemma now.

I have no idea what to get next for my next DVD purchase. It seems that there are a lot of DVDs out there, and I am faced with information and product overload. Too many to choose from. I am only looking at DVDs, and not videos, because DVDs really make viewing and learning so easy.

I already have, I think, three of the best sets of cards DVD:

1.) Daryl's Encyclopedia of Card Sleigths. Daryl does the full monte and Daryl's ambitious card, and volume 1 and 2 of card relevations.
2.) Ammar's ETMCM vol 1 to 6
3.) Malone's on the loose

I also have Harry Lorrayne's world's greatest vol 8, 9 and 10, but I personally don't quite like it. Sorry about it, maybe the stuff don't suit me, I don't know.

I also have Bro. John Hamman's Lost Works. I feel it's pretty OK, but the volume of the sound is too low, and that makes it a bit hard to follow.

So, please kindly advise on what I should get next (I mean DVDs, not books).

I am looking at Regal's stuff, Sal Paicente's expert card stuff, and still looking... hee, hee. Smile

Totally baffled as to what to purchase.

Thanks for your kind assistance.

eric Smile
"Fill you life with magic by making magic a part of your life." by eric tan.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'd get Luke Dancy's MAGIC FOR THE EYES DVD. Killer card magic here!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3107 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Yes, there is a lot to choose from. Eric, I really enjoyed David Regal's offerings. His first set of videos, "Tricks", "More Tricks", "Enough of the Tricks Already" (three VHS set; I don't know if it's on DVD)I found to offer the card guy a lot. Gaffed as well as ungaffed material and a few non-card items as well.

His most recent DVDs---Premise, Power, and Participation---also has a lot to offer. Like Malone's series, these too are entertaining to watch and learn.

Also I just picked up Luke Dancy's DVD. Excellent! Although you won't see performances in front of a live audience, I was entertained none the less by Luke's demonstrations. Very Visual!

David Paul
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
For something killer with cards, get Richard Osterlind's Mind Mysteries Volume 2. You will not regret it!

Volume 3 of Regal's first series, "Enough of the Tricks Already" is all card work and is a nice DVD.

John Guastafferro's Brainstorm Volume 2 has some sweet effects/ideas as well. I really like "Out of the Blue". I'm trying to think of something stronger than "Intuition" to set it up however.
Drive Carefully
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2955 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I would think about David Regal. He always has good stuff. I also would think about Luke Dancy. I just ordered his DVD, and I'm looking forward to seeing it. His stuff that he showed me at TSD4 were great.

You should also check out Juan Tamariz.