The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Kris Corn DVD Series. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Cardmanips2004
View Profile
New user
Sydney Australia
22 Posts

Profile of Cardmanips2004
I bought the Kris Corn DVD the other day and was a little disappointed at the least, humbly. I only bought the DVD titled (extreme corn) the other one is called something like awesome corn but I haven’t seen that one, but only this one.

On the back of the DVD it says like, I will be able to do these tricks into my own shows, but I find most of the tricks hard!

One for the bar is a trick where you win beers, but I am not old enough to drink yet! He he he. Lip stick sighting says that it is within the reach of an intermediate coin man!

My coin skills are fully sick, and I still can't do this trick? Even though lot's of people rate my coin flourish rolls and stuff.

Also no flourishes! Ahhh.

Thumbs down.
Flourishes rule!
Eric Grossman
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, MO
429 Posts

Profile of Eric Grossman
Is this a serious post, or a joke?

Eric
family/magic/music/life
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The post doesn't make sense. These DVD's rock!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
I think this has got to be a joke, right?
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2004-03-22 00:44, Cardmanips2004 wrote:
my coin skills are fully sick

:D
Click to visit:
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
The question is:

Is it funnier if it is a joke, or is it funnier if he is serious?

I can't decide!!!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
It's always funnier when it's serious, unless he performs in the real world. Then I cry. Smile

Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
The Korn DVDs are amongst the very best I have seen in a long time. Real good practical material!!!

Iain.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
His Brutal deck switch went right into my act. Although, I don't do a "peek" on the card but instead force it.

Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
Sounds like this dude is finally getting a taste of what "Hard" is all about.

Who rates his stuff? Why is he being rated?

Poor kid. Go and bust your butt and actually practice for a few months. It's obvious that you are not as skilled as you thought you were.

These DVDs are great.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
The DVDs are excellent in my opinion. I especially like "Coppa Silva," "Fire In The Hole," and "One For The Bar." If you can't get strong reactions out of these effects, I wouldn't blame the material.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Right on, Larry!!!

Coppa Silva is a beautiful routine!!!

trix_the_clown
View Profile
New user
Australia
13 Posts

Profile of trix_the_clown
I couldn't agree more. I added to my kids show the other day at the sausage factory, and it went over a treat! I had to repeat it four more times before they said I could stop.

I've been trying to find shows at bars, for the 'one for the bar' trick, but it is really tough going. Can anyone recommend a strategy for performing for kids in bars and the like?
I love your kids!!
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Just read his name? And the fact that he's not old enough to drink says a lot about his general maturity level. And he's asking for flourisheS? Hahaha, it is a funny post.
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
Not everything is for everyone. He was expecting something different when he bought this. I know the feeling.
D Atkinson
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of D Atkinson
Mmmmm. he never seems to trash the material though. Just admits to finding it hard. Maybe the kid's just crying out for a little help. My opinion is that he was probably manipulated into buying it by a dealer or misinterperated the DVD Blurb online due to his inexperience and youth. traits that manifest themselves all to often in his posts. As someone who works regularly for a dealer I hope the 'later' is the true reason for his post. Don't be too hard on the kid. I have not gotten around to viewing these DVD's yet but my collegues inform me the material ranges from the higher intermediate to Advanced level. Maybe this kid needs to be talked through the best he can get out of his purchase at the level he is currently at, or the best he can get out of magic altogether by the sound of it. I admit this is not the correct forum to be discussing such things in. This kid makes alot of mistakes on this site and he is also quite angry to boot. Since he is a residant of Australia I have taken the liberty of trying to find out who he is. He has not replied to any of my messages in the past 24 hours, although I think this has more to do with his lack of understanding of the system than anything else. I didn't know about the PM service until a few days into it either. I'm sorry if this is slightly off topic but I feel it needs to be said. For your information I am so bothered about this for two reasons. Firstly the kid obviously needs a bit of guidance and secondly, because of an incident that occured in another forum (Since deleted) where his name was connected to mine has made me want to contact the young man in person

Dean Atkinson
Chris S
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of Chris S
Superfluous punctuation!
May your moral compass guide you true - South West is where the honourable man fare. Pity those who lose their way...
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Hey I meant to edit it, but they changed the way edit works so I can't....

So anyway....
toberman
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of toberman
I agree, Chris put out a quality product. Personally, I found Radical Korn more useful for myself than Extreme Korn". Maybe cardminips2004 would have been better with that one.
D Atkinson
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of D Atkinson
Quote:
On 2004-03-23 23:48, MacGyver wrote:
Hey I meant to edit it, but they changed the way edit works so I can't....

So anyway....

Maybe I'm finding it hard to navigate the way editing works also.

So, consider this, before tearing apart another well written, well intended post with your quirky, over punctuated 'one liners' in the future.

D