The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Table Hopping Cups and Balls (Review) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Effect: 8.5/10 (10 being strongest)

This cups and balls routine plays very strong and has many powerful moments, one after the other. Normally I would give the effect a 9 but some lay people may figure out some of the moves considering some of them are very bold. In fact, at one point, you reveal one of the moves to the spectator, and then do it again right under their noses. Very strong effect, very bold moves.

Difficulty: 9/10 (10 being hardest moves)

There are no particularly difficult moves in Table Hopping Cups and Balls, but there are many moves that may be difficult for a beginner. You are also expected to know almost all of the moves before purchasing the video, including the Striking Vanish.

Setup/Reset: 8.5/10 (10 being the most setup)

The setup doesn't take much time, only about 10-15 seconds, but if you are planning on table hopping, you will need to take some time to reset. All you have to do is put everything in your pocket, but it would probably get tiring doing this repeatedly at a restaurant.

Clean Factor: 10/10 (10 being completely clean)

At the end you are completely clean, and everything that shouldn't be seen by the spectators is away where they will never see it.

Gimmick: 9/10 (10 being unnoticable)

There is alot of extra stuff that the spectators shouldn't see, but as long as you have practiced the routines, you will not get caught.

Overall: 8.5/10

The effect is very strong, but Carl Andrew's teaching skills are off. He teaches too quickly and although you will have to rewind with most dvds, expect to wear out your rewind and slo-mo buttons after finishing this dvd. Overall, even though he teaches too quickly, you should not pass up an opportunity to purchase Table Hopping Cups and Balls, it is a great buy and I am sure you will learn something from it. Smile
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have this DVD and it pretty good. I like the routine, I like how it packs easily and is very entertaining. I may chose to have a different delivery style, but I really like his handling.
KJ