The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Recommendations for Entertaining DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Magic_streak
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
196 Posts

Profile of Magic_streak
Looking for the likes of David Regal and Bill Malone. They don't use much of their own materials but they are superb in their presentation and style. They are entertaining. I know there is a great load of material out there with very good information and content but they lack entertaining value in terms of their performance by the creators.

Who are the entertaining magicians out there who are worth watching? Which of these DVDs will give an idea of what real good performances are?

Interested in both stage and close up, anything from cards, coins to mentalism. Thanks!
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Actually, David Regal does use a lot of his own material (and Malone may as well, but most of what he does on his recent videos is more derivative, which I don't mean in a negative way at all).

Some of the most entertaining videos I've seen are the Flicking Fingers, Malone, Williamson, and Mullica videos, but I wouldn't suggest trying to copy their personalities (not that you would).

Larry
denny_Corby
View Profile
Loyal user
PA
240 Posts

Profile of denny_Corby
Don Alan the man is amazing, yet he does nothing that hard. Jay Sankey totality off the wall.
Ozer4
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
329 Posts

Profile of Ozer4
I have to second Larry's recommendations for David Williamson and Tom Mullica. They are two of the most entertaining and funny magicians I have ever seen.

-Oz
chiz
View Profile
New user
Liverpool, England
94 Posts

Profile of chiz
For entertainment value, there are no better DVDs than the Flicking Fingers DVD. I highly recommend that you look at this!

There are a lot of performances and explanations, but none of them are done in the usual studio setting. They're all taken from actual shows, and the explanations are usually originally done, ie a parody of the masked magician, getting caught by drunken spectators etc...

This is probably my favourite DVD too.

_______
Ben
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Check out, Sal Piacente's two volume DVD set! "Expert
Card Magic-Lecture Notes" for a thrill of a lifetime!
My favorite DVD's on card effects!
Gerard
Justin Craddock
View Profile
Regular user
buffalo,ny
127 Posts

Profile of Justin Craddock
Doc Eason's Bar Magic is him performing in a bar and it is quite entertaining to watch. The magic he teaches is real-world useable material I recommend it.
"When a performance is over, What remains"
James Foster
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of James Foster
There is a Tom Mullica video of a performance at the Tom-Foolery. This is an entertaining hour-plus of magic and there is much to learn from this video in how Tom expertly routines and manages the magic and the patrons of his bar.

All the best,

James Foster
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Let's not forget on the spot with Gregory Wilson. Very entertaining watching him perform guerrilla magic.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Harry Anderson's video is great.
Dbzkid999
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
407 Posts

Profile of Dbzkid999
Greg Wilson's Pyrotechnic Pasteboards and I actually liked Shoot Ogawa's Cultural Xchanges.
bvbernard
View Profile
New user
North Vancouver, BC, Canada
95 Posts

Profile of bvbernard
Doc Eason, Tommy Wonder and the Flicking Fingers in addition to ones mentioned.
Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
The Flicking Fingers DVD is just freaking killer, great effects and some killer funny explanations.