The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Fortune Collection DVD featuring Paul Hallas (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
supremefiction
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of supremefiction
I knew Paul Hallas was the expert in all things packet trick but did not know he is also a very good performer and inventor of same. This was a good intro to his own work in the field. It comes in the form of a DVD with performances, explanations, and 10 custom card packet.

Fortune (Original)

Mr. Hallas places an unseen item in one spectator's closed hand; the other spectator freely chooses a card that matches that object. Cards never touch the table. It seems impossible! Resets instantly, good for walkaround.

Fortune Force

A very clever force that can be used in many settings and with regular cards.

Fortune (Variant 1: Road Map)

Mr. Hallas sets aside a state road map; the spectator chooses one of several cards marked with locations in the state at random; the map is opened to reveal the shortest distance between here and the chosen location card. Cards never touch the table. Amazing!

Fortune (Variant 2: Mentalism-A)

Magician and spectator shuffle packet; spectator makes random selection & returns to packet; spectator shuffles again; magician identifies card as they are turned up. Baffling.

Fortune (Variant 3: Mentalism-B)
Cards are mixed and cut; spectator chooses card at random; magical names card. Uses a stack with a simple mnemonic and a characteristics of the deck back.

Fortune (Variant 4: Love)

Display cards, use a Braue R* to rotate meaningful card up in center of packet, two specators clasp packet in hands, card revealed of significance.

Fortune (Variant 5: Monsters)

Closed paper bag to left; card have names of famous monsters on front; cards mixed; spectator chooses Frankstein's Monster card; bag opened to reveal cute FM doll, removed from bag which is again closed; spectator chooses Invisible Man card; bag opened to reveal [heh heh] l "Invisible Man." Funny!

Voodoo 2007

Packet with crime scene human outline, each marked with "X" on different parts as voodoo doll; cards mixed; card set aside; spectator selects card with "x" on foot; set aside card shows missing foot. Spooky!

Possible Readings with the Cards.

A very helpful and straightforward guide to using the included cards to incorporate move mentalism flavor into the effects.

Trailers (No Explanation)

Cloned.

Blank cards become animals. Cute.

Water to Wine

Glasses with Clear Fluid (Water) become Glasses with Wine. Very funny patter!

Vampire Dawn

Vampire meets Van Helsing Card.

Something for Nothing

Black cards show the word “Nothing” but then show word “Something.” I liked it.

Not Another Three Card Trick

Blank cards progressively turn to the four three's. I liked it.

///

Includes 10 specially designed & printed cards. The production is excellent. Mr. Hallas is an effective performer and teacher. He has a very charming & understated style, a very humorous dry wit. Of the effects, they were all very fooling! Of the tricks I liked the original Fortune, the second variant, and Voodoo 2007. Required slights are taught. Items may be routined together. There is tremendous value for dollar here, as most of the ideas are extensible not only to this set of cards but also to tarot, ESP, and regular playing cards. This is good MAGIC!

Recommended. Get it here.

http://www.rockridgemagic.com/fortunecollection.html
Rocky
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Rocky
I saw Paul Hallas lecture eons ago in Reading Pa.

One of the best lectures I have attended...and I've attended many, many lectures...most of which didn't leave the impression I get when seeing a polished presenter like Mr. Hallas.
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of DelMagic