The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Control Freak - Olivier Macias? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
delgadil
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of delgadil
Hello all,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this question; but I got the Control Freak DVD and like the controls. However, I simply cannot do the move required for the Wow Control where you use your left pinky to lever the card over. Does anyone have any tips or am I just lame? Smile Am I missing something obvious?

Kevin Smile
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
Its pretty easy..juz rewatch the dvd again and observe how he pivots the card over with the pinkie under cover of his other hand...it takes a little practice but is well worth it in my opinion. I do believe that this is a move that requires a bit of misdirection though.
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
This is definately something that will come with practice. It isn't a natural motion for your pinky to pull like that. Once them muscles are trained, it comes fairly quickly.

Good luck. The DVD is great. The one card pass is a little easier maybe, and just as much of a fooler.

Trevor
delgadil
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of delgadil
Thanks for the tips, I will keep working on it.

I'm already proficient at the Hermann Pass, the LePaul Spread Pass, and Cervon's Free-Turn Pass so I don't really need any more passes, but I'm a glutton for punishment and love playing with various passes. Smile The latter two are the ones I use consistently.

I highly recommend the Free-Turn Pass as it's the only pass I have seen that is truly invisble from all angles (except above and below). It's in "Ultra Cervon"

Thanks
Kevin
doowopper
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of doowopper
I have been practicing the WOW Control a lot and think it is terrific (along with Vinny's Top Gun Control). I can now do the WOW control in slow motion right under the spectator's nose without it being detected and I am no great card man. A few things I found helpful:
1) Make sure your left pinky is not dry or use something like "Sortkwik," (sold at Office Max and other places) on the left pinky.
2) When you cut the cards for the spectator to replace a chosen card, cut off a little more than half the pack into the left hand - easier to do the move with more cards in the left hand.
3) Apply pressure on the left side of the deck with the left thumb as you use your left pinky to do the move.
Richard