The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Wonderful (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
harp
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
71 Posts

Profile of harp
Old topic but new to me. I just received the Tommy Wonder "Visions of Wonder" DVD's. Shame on me for not getting them earlier or getting to know the work of Mr. Wonder. I have been around magic for 20 years and this is my first time to see him perform. Emphasis on perform here, this guy has it down. So even though I am somewhat behind, I encourage anyone that has not seen these dvd's or are familiar with his work to please take the time to study and listen intently to what he has to say. You will not be disappointed.

My overall favorite is the Ambitious Card/Ring Box routine, an absolute piece of art. I have not begun to delve into all of the interviews and explanations. I must pace myself on this one and then go over them again and again, my enthusiasm could easily get in the way of all there is to learn. It is great to just sit back and enjoy the performance.

Harp
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
I will heartily second the motion.
Jem
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
342 Posts

Profile of Jem
I only have Volume 1, and I must say that Tommy Wonder's performances simply blew me away. Special mention goes to his Cups and Balls routine, which is simply one of finest magic routines I have ever seen. I guess the real value in these DVDs are his performance tips & advice (eg. misdirecton, timing), rather than the actual workings of the tricks.

I can't wait to get the other two volumes.
Sk8rDave
View Profile
Regular user
California
189 Posts

Profile of Sk8rDave
I'm dying to get these videos. I've been lucky enough to see him perform live a couple of times and lecture a couple of times. Every time it was inspirational. I've gone through is books so I imagine the material on his videos won't be new to me but seeing him perform is always a treat.
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
I can say this: I have purchased many videos from L&L. I bought these literally the day I recieved the flyer in my mail (which is usually a day from there). I bought the entire set--sight unseen. This is the singualr best video purchase I have made for the money differential--with "Card Stunts" by Gregory Wilson running neck and neck for this title.

Since you are familiar with his written works(and thus the Rube Goldberg tendencies he has with regards to customized props) I can assure you that you will not be dissappointed. You can read a rather lengthy discussion of these in (I think) the Good bad and Garbage forum. Just be ready to dismiss the garden variety constitutency that complain about "difficulty in finding props" and " having to palm a card." The material is stellar.
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1014 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
I just wish somebody could make the Nest of Boxes
for Me.
The one with the table was great.
And a work of art at that.

cheers Smile
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I'd buy the watch effect using the table in a heartbeat. Tommy Wonder is the Rube Goldberg of magic - - not only are his effects diabolical but so are his methods. I'm thankful he doesn't use his powers for evil. Smile

Larry