The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Tom Mullica (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magnignis
View Profile
New user
Georgia
13 Posts

Profile of magnignis
I have heard from SEVERAL sources that Tom Mullica is the master of impromptu magic, and I am SERIOUSLY thinking of buying his impromptu viseos over the next couple of days. Anyone have any reviews? are they any good? Will I use them one a day-to-day basis? PLEASE help. thanks

P.S. I already have On the Spot and am ordering Off the Cuff, so don't start on Greg Wilson again.
So I was sittin naked in a beanbag chair the other day eatin cheetos...
Stefan S.
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Stefan S.
Well I like or liked since he does not perform magic anymore (at least not like he used to) when he did his act!

The impromptu tapes are not bad, but it is simply a collection of impromptu material!

So yes you will get tons of stuff! But the perfomance is not what it could be!

Cheers,

Stefan
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I love Mullica's material and his style. But, these tapes were flat. The Wilson ones are far better and will give you enough material. Save your money.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
shanester
View Profile
Loyal user
Darlington, England
267 Posts

Profile of shanester
Not starting on Greg Wilson, but if I have On the Spot how much extra stuff is on Off the Cuff?
(Assuming that from On the Spot I can do under the watch, the all around vanish, pitch and ditch and the sylvester pitch)
Cheers
Shanester
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
On the spot is wonderful-Off the Cuff is boring and dull.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Pavlo
View Profile
Veteran user
Poland
306 Posts

Profile of Pavlo
I'm happy to have a Kaufman book on Mullica's magic.Very unique. It's the whole act in it but I can't comment on the impromptu tapes he once made.
Sk8rDave
View Profile
Regular user
California
189 Posts

Profile of Sk8rDave
Mullica's impromptu tapes are not as good as they could be. Tombo did his best and did a lot of research but it wasn't his material. He does his material wonderfully, and he ad libs wonderfully but this material was just okay. It's got some good ideas but the performance is not Tom at his best.

Slightly off topic but if you're looking for good "impromptu" stuff check out Michael Weber. I put quotes around impromptu because he often goes to a lot of work to create miracles that seem impromptue.

Dave
JHodgeCMI
View Profile
Veteran user
Washington State
352 Posts

Profile of JHodgeCMI
On #15 the 'Pencil thru Bill' effect is worth the price of the entire video!
This is a real world effect that you can perform with an ungimmicked pencil or pen(I've done it with a Mont Blanc). I sold my 'Perfect Pen' after I saw this video.

-Jay
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
If You haven't seen Tom Mullica perform before, get "An Evening at the Tomfoolery". This will give you a taste of what an incredible entertainer he is. His technique is flawless, his timing is impeccable and he is hilarious. Any performer can learn so much from watching a consumate professional like Tom Mullica in action.
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com