The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Any recommendations for a good cups and balls and chop cup dvd? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
Hi,

I used to think that magic is all about cards and tt..... but I have only recently picked up cups and balls...

I bought a set of the Bazza chop cup combo recently... I also got from a fellow magician a pretty old video on cups and balls... the magicians that performed were Charlie something, Roger Miller and Ammar....I guess the tape must have been in the 70s or something like that, cause Ammar in the tape was this young handsome mascular guy....hee hee Smile

Anyway, I noticed that most cups and balls do not teach chop cup routines...and I wish to get a dvd..for easy viewing and searching...

So, can someone recommend me a good cups and balls dvd, preferably teaching chop cup routines as well...

thanks a zillion...
eric Smile
"Fill you life with magic by making magic a part of your life." by eric tan.
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
I don't have any good chop cup videos, but I have a combo cups & balls set and have had a blast with the "Mendozza Cups & Balls + Sequel" routine. It is printed in a small booklet and includes a very nice routine which takes good advantage of the chop cup. I think I got mine ad Daytone Magic
Magic is fun!!!
invalidity
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of invalidity
Dominique Duvivier has a nice cups and balls routines that involves the use of a chop cup. The routine is taught on volume 3 of his 'The Magic of...' video set. It's only available on video though, as far as I'm aware.
Mr Amazeo
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazeo
I haven't heard of any chop cup dvd's either, but Brad Burt has a pretty decent video out on the subject.
ollason
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ollason
Don't know of any chop cup dvds but Ammars 2 volume Complete Cups and Balls dvd set is great and very thorough. Carl Andrew's Table Hopping Cups & Balls dvd has an entertaining 2-cup routine.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Doug Brewer has a wonderful chop cup routine on his Video Lecture Notes.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
Once again I'm going to go with the Carl Andrews Cups and Balls dvd.
steiner1000
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of steiner1000
Just for variety, David Regal has a great cups and ball routine on his first video series and Tommy Wonder also has a nice routine on one of his recent dvd releases.
Almost-A-Magician
View Profile
Regular user
New England
158 Posts

Profile of Almost-A-Magician
I like the Brad Burt chop cup video. Covers basic moves and provides a basic but very good chop cup routine.