The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Ackerman's Card Control Series on DVD? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magicgirl
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of magicgirl
Does anyone know if the Allan Ackerman Card Control Series is going to be released on DVD? I really want to get it but I'm trying not to purchase any more VHS tapes.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5211 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
You can contact the publisher for more info:

A-1 MagicalMedia
4961-C Windplay Dr
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
Toll free: (800) 876-8437

http://www.a1magicalmedia.com/
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I wasn't very pleased with the one video in this series that I bought. The explanations were too brief.
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
Hello,

Unfortunately I don't think this set will come out on DVD any time soon.
To re-release a VHS set onto DVD the publisher must have sold out a certain number of units and few magic lectures achieve that.
Your best option might be to buy the set on vhs and then convert it onto DVD yourself or go to a professional studio.
A lot of people are doing that to old vhs releases these days.
As long as you don't sell the dvd version I don't think there should be any legal implications involved.
magicgirl
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of magicgirl
Thanks for the responses. I actually am in the process of converting all of my VHS tapes to DVD with a TV capture card. Each one takes about 7 hours to convert from start to finish. Two down and about fifty more to go Smile Anyways, maybe I'll hold off on buying the tapes until I get what I do have converted.
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
Quote:
On 2003-12-05 03:00, MopKrayz wrote:
Hello,

Unfortunately I don't think this set will come out on DVD any time soon.
To re-release a VHS set onto DVD the publisher must have sold out a certain number of units and few magic lectures achieve that.
Your best option might be to buy the set on vhs and then convert it onto DVD yourself or go to a professional studio.
A lot of people are doing that to old vhs releases these days.
As long as you don't sell the dvd version I don't think there should be any legal implications involved.

I don't understand the comment about a publisher having to sell-out a certain number of units(?)

I can say that I emailed A1 and asked about this series. I was informed that it is currently being converted to DVD and should be released sometime in the spring.

Can't wait!
William Holcomb
catbertek
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of catbertek
Oh *MAN* that is great to hear!
Thanks for the info WH! I will just wait until spring then to complete my card control series.

hmmm I hope I can hold out...
trickster2000
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
289 Posts

Profile of trickster2000
I think that's a great set...IT compliments the Daryl DVD's...
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5211 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I have heard that they will convert Lennart Greens vidoes to DVD. Then it must be possible with Ackermanns to...
SBCLC442
View Profile
New user
West Virginia
16 Posts

Profile of SBCLC442
The lennart green videos were supposedly to come out on Dec. 1st but never did.
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
I understood that the Green DVDs were coming out in March.

Eventually, almost all magic vids will be converted to DVD - and then some new medium will come about and we'll begin the process of converting our magic library to that!! Smile
William Holcomb
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
There's already a "new" medium around the corner, a different type of DVD that will store a lot more information. It will use a blue laser versus the current red laser, and as a result, will be able to store at least five times as much information. And guess what? It supposedly will not be backwards compatible. Maybe I'll be able to use my current DVD machine as a bookend, right next to my Beta machine.

Larry D.