The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Banachek DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
marky707
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of marky707
I heard that Banachek is having a dvd come out soon... does anyone know when it will be coming out?
kamiruaga
View Profile
New user
The Basque Country (N. Spain)
69 Posts

Profile of kamiruaga
Hi!
According to Scott Wells, Banachek's DVD should be released next Spring or perhaps early summer. L&L is currently digitizing the video footage. Banachek is also putting together some additional bonus footage for the DVD set that will include a performance of his "Buried Alive".

It's expected to be completed by February or early March 2004, although L&L has the final word as to when release it.
Best,
All those who believe in telekinesis,
raise my hand. (Kurt Vonnegut)"
Steve Pellegrino
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Steve Pellegrino
L&L never says ahead of time what the new releases are. Banachek is one of many videos that L&L has taped. Even though I work closely with L&L, I don't know what the next releases are until about 1 month before everyone else knows. Louis Falanga is great at keeping secrets!
marky707
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of marky707
I can't wait for them to come out... my friend was there at the taping and he said they are going to be awsome
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I can't wait for this DVD! I loved his metal bending one...
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Is the Banachek DVD going to be a conversion of his "Pyschokinetic Silverware" video (plus the "Buried Alive" footage that kamiruaga mentioned above) or will it be something else? In this regard, other than his "Pyschokinetic Silverware", does Banachek have any other video material(s) currently out on VHS tape?

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5942 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Nothing from PK Silverware is on the L&L DVDs. There are new bends with spoons, but really the heart of the material is his killer material of all sorts. If everything makes it to film, this will be the definitive Banachek series.

Cheers,

Tom
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
I hope the series will be 6 dvds long or more when it eventually comes out!
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
No doubt… I’ve been wanting to see Banachek perform for quite some time. I’m definitely looking forward to this release.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2003-11-14 01:37, Tom Cutts wrote:
Nothing from PK Silverware is on the L&L DVDs. There are new bends with spoons, but really the heart of the material is his killer material of all sorts. If everything makes it to film, this will be the definitive Banachek series.

Cheers,

Tom

Tom,

Thanks a lot for the info. Since I like Psychokietic Silverware, I'm certain to like the new Banacheck tape.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Banachek was on TechTV's "Unscrewed" and did his metal bending, plus some other stuff. He did quite well, and the hosts liked him. If you don't get TechTV, Unscrewed is a late-night talk show that likes to feature unusual guests...UFO kooks, strange and funny websites, anime fans, etc. Banachek was one of the more "normal" guests.

Anyway, I captured his segment on my computer, so I've got a 28MB Windows Media 9 File that came out really nice. If anyone has some web space to donate and wouldn't mind all the downloads, I can upload it for the rest of you to see.

Jeff

Thanks to the generosity of one of the other Café members, the Banachek TV appearance is now available for viewing.

Go to:

http://www.zeiros.net/Banachek on Unscrewed.wmv

This is in Windows Media Player format; you should have the latest version of Windows Media Player for best results.

Jeff
GaryW
View Profile
Veteran user
HSMagic
317 Posts

Profile of GaryW
Quote:
On 2003-11-25 13:13, Jeff Haas wrote:
Go to:
http://www.zeiros.net/Banachek on Unscrewed.wmv

Link not working... too bad I really want to see this!
Gary Ailes
Hot Shot Magic
www.hotshotmagic.com
Zeiros
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Zeiros
This link will work better:

http://www.zeiros.net/Banachek%20on%20Unscrewed.wmv

The forum software assumes that the link ends when it encounters a space, I'm a bit careless and left spaces in the filenames. Sorry for any inconvenience Smile

edit: tested and definitely working. Thanks for the fantastic video Jeff
owenscott
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of owenscott
Totally kills .... awesome. Seemed like he was pressed for time a little. They should have given him two segments. Awesome trick at the end.
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
"Unscrewed" is a half-hour show, so allowing for commercials there's probably about 22 minutes of show...maybe a bit less since it's on TechTV, which is cable.

Banachek got a big chunk of that (9:22), he clicked with the hosts, and Martin Sargent mentioned him a couple of times in passing on later shows.

I would expect he'll show up again sometime in the future.

Jeff
altoni
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of altoni
It was a little choppy (the streaming), but fun to watch him work.

Thanks
eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
Banachek rocks! This footage is awesome- thanks for posting it.

Can't WAIT for his DVD(s).

Ian
GaryW
View Profile
Veteran user
HSMagic
317 Posts

Profile of GaryW
Excellent!

Is the pen writer an available effect?
Gary Ailes
Hot Shot Magic
www.hotshotmagic.com
Stefan S.
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Stefan S.
Hi Gary,

I do not want to ruin it for you but the pen did not write anything at that time!

:)

Actually it is ohe of the first tricks a came across called Glorpy at that time!

Cheers

Stefan
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Is it published somewhere? or will it be on his upcoming dvd? I know that glorpy is the haunted hank, just not too sure about how the writing got there after she stated the word. it didn't seem like he even went near the pad.