The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: How To Win At FISM By Soma (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
JeremyM0411
View Profile
Special user
Moody, Alabama
608 Posts

Profile of JeremyM0411
I received this dvd yesterday. After watching the entire dvd twice I felt like I needed to write a review. I have to say this dvd is AWESOME! The dvd covers ALOT of good idea on act development. Not only do you get Soma's idea on each topic but you get a whole list of other magicians input on the topics! Such as Bob Little, Wayne Houchin, Shawn Farquhar, Han Seol Hui, Rick Merrill, Obie O'Brian, Gabor Tamas, Domenico Dante, David Stone, Tunde Kemenesi, Boris Wild Botond Kelle, Gabor Hokz, An Ha Lim. The biggest question for me when I preordered this dvd was, "How will the dvd be layed out inorder to show the devlopment of a world class act?" I have to say I am very surprised in how well the act was covered! He does not show how any of the effects are done, but rather how each effect was worked on over and over to get it perfect. Many of his original ideas changed so much thru the years, along with his methods. Here is a list of the video clips that compose the dvd:

1-Opening Credits
2-Early Years
3-Prop Development
4-Inspiration
5-Stage Costumes
6-Choice Of Music
7-Workshops
8-Practicing And Failures
9-The FISM Experience
10-Closing
11-Credits

I have to say if you are looking for a dvd that can give you some insight into how to develop your act look no further! I highly recommened this dvd to anyone! Here is a link to see Soma FISM act: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jucxw56RDik
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2230 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
This is on my want list..I just viewed SOMA's rope act on youtube and WOW..What a great act.. Check it out and I'm pretty sure this will fire your desire to get How To Win At FISM DVD..It did mine
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
MikeTheKid
View Profile
Veteran user
vancouver
329 Posts

Profile of MikeTheKid
Is this mainly for stage magic development? ?
---------------------------------------------

Magic is a performing art that entertains an audience by creating illusions of seemingly impossible....

www.mikeliumagic.com
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
I just finished watching this DVD..
it could work for any type of act wanting to develop.
It is a very personal look into Soma and his act development.
It could more realistically be called "Soma: the biography - by Soma (featuring other magicians talking about Soma).
That is not a complaint.. It has some very good advice by some great magicians.. But it always comes back to how amazing Soma is .. But hey, it's his movie! I can tell he really likes to shoot and edit video!
So get It to see what worked for Soma and take as much knowledge from that as you can to try to apply to your act!
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1042 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Just finished it.
All I can say is that it's one of my favourite dvd's.
it's a whole movie, GREAT tips, real stories, fun to watch.
hady.87
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of hady.87
SOMA is one of the most creative magicians around , check his music with cards on youtube , very creative way !!!
www.hadyakiki.com
will turn your mind upside down
magiclarry50
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of magiclarry50
I got the DVD but can't find the registration code that is talked about in the DVD. Any help would be appreciated.