The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: John Shryock Live at Ceasar's Magical Empire (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ChopCup
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of ChopCup
This is to be released in October. Anyone ever seen him peform?

Chopa Chop
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

I saw him perform at the Magic Castle a couple years ago. He was quite good. He did good, commercial magic - the audience liked him very much.

Ron
ChopCup
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of ChopCup
Ron, thanks for thr input. I think I'll pre-order this.

Best,

Chopy Copy
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
Have a tape from him after he lectured at the Magi-Fest a few years back. His card and coin work is very good. See that he has also been doing stage work (illusions, etc.). Have no idea how his stage show measures up.
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Dear Café,

John's DVD is really good. Routines include:

The Winning Hand-An very clever Ace production with a kicker ending (fooled me)

XIRTRAM-A reverse matrix using ONLY 4 coins. I love this one...it has become my matrix of choice

One Coin Routine-Name says is all

Ambitious, Triumphant, Color-Changing Deck-Very nice. Again the name says it all

Copper, Silver, Brass "Trio"-This is why I got the DVD. It is a handling for Gary Kurts "Trio in Three". However, John uses the CSB gimmick. This is really cool.

Cards-R-Us-Basically a multiple selection routine. Nothing new, but a good place to start if you don't already do this type of effect

Mini Cups & Balls---A real good walk-around version for cups and balls. Nothing new, just a workable version of this classic effect.

"Classic" Cups & Balls---This piece is basically a cups-and-balls routine performed to classical music. The routine fits very nicely with the chosen music. This could easily be a stage version of cups and balls, as it plays very big. VERY nice.

Overall a good DVD with some very useful material.

Hope this helps,

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
ChopCup
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of ChopCup
Cody,

That's all I needed to order this DVD---an OK by a real worker and great creator like Cody!

Thanks for taking the time to share with us!

Copy Chopy
ugdini13
View Profile
Loyal user
Chino,Ca
259 Posts

Profile of ugdini13
His DVD sounds pretty good. Mr. Shyrock's stuff has interested me ever since hearing about a certain incredible card trick he does from Cody Fisher. Thanks for the heads up Cody.

Kelly

I managed to pick up a copy of the DVD at Mr Shyrock's lecture yesterday. After viewing it a few times I have to say that it is one of the better DVDs I have purchased in recent times.

What you get is full explanations of the routines already posted above, which are all strong commercial routines that even play well to a room full of magicians. All of the routines are done standing, and can be modified for either formal closeup show or restaurant surroundings.I 100% agree with Cody on this one. "A good DVD with very useful material".

Kelly
"Perfection is in the details, but detail is no Perfection"-Dai Vernon
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4758 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I also bought his tape after seeing him lecture at the magi-fest. This new DVD has those routines and more and I would highly recommend it. I was very impressed with John and so was the crowd at the magi fest. His reverse matrix and the card/coin production leading up to it is great. His cups and balls (normally a yawner for me) was very entertaining and practical (and very clever)
ritty360
View Profile
Elite user
McKinney, Texas
405 Posts

Profile of ritty360
Ugdini13,

Can you tell me what the effect of the card trick that John showed you was? The one from Cody?
Fredrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
248 Posts

Profile of Fredrick
My wife and I saw John perform at the Magic Empire near September 11th. Yes, that September 11th.

We thought that John's magic was executed very well technically, but---and this is a big one...

We walked out of the showroom wondering who is John Shyrock? All we saw was a barrage of tricks with no idea who behind them. He could have been anyone with that giant smile.

It was the same as the big show we saw at the Castle a few years before.

Be well ~ Fredrick Smile
"Try to find the humanity in the magic and maybe you'll come up with something of your own. It's the humanity that gets you there, not techniques." Michael Moschen on Creativity
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
It sounds like all the stuff on the DVD he also has on his lecture notes. Very good stuff. Very Nice Guy.

Brad
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
Emily Belleranti
View Profile
Veteran user
Tucson, Arizona
349 Posts

Profile of Emily Belleranti
John is originally from Arizona, and I live near the city where he grew up. My family and I went to see his show in town about a year ago, and it was very good. I met him afterward and he seemed like a very friendly guy.

I haven't seen much of his close-up material, but he is a great stage performer and I would imagine that his close-up stuff is just as good.
"If you achieve success, you will get applause, and if you get applause, you will hear it. My advice to you concerning applause is this: Enjoy it, but never quite believe it."

-Robert Montgomery
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Any Other opinions on these DVDs? Smile

Well, I couldn't resist so I ordered this DVD. Will post my review once it comes in.

jon
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Apprentice
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Apprentice
Hello,

Anyone have any problems with this DVD?

In the explanations for the regular size cups and balls, it freezes when it gets to about 32 minutes in.

Let me know if you have the same problem.

I'll check mine again.

Thanks.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I just got it and it rocks. Beautiful routined magic that is easy to learn!

No technical problems with the DVD on my end.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
A.J.
View Profile
Veteran user
Florida
316 Posts

Profile of A.J.
This really is beautifully routined magic. Great thinking and great routining that make for fantastic magic. I learned much from watching John work.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
He has a great retention of vision vanish. But I'll wait for our good friend Mickey Silver's DVD and incorproate that into John's routine.

BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Honolulu, Hawaii
262 Posts

Profile of BWind
Can anybody tell me who's offering John's DVD for sale?

Thanks.

BWind
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Go to http://www.hocus-pocus.com. Sign up to be a member (it's free) and order the DVD.

Paul Gross is one of the BEST and NICEST people to deal with!

Chris

saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
I would also recommend this DVD, as I like it a lot.

Ronnie Lemieux
Montreal
Canada
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!