The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Bavli vs Banachek (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of academy
Does Anyone can make a comparison between Bavli's metal bending effects in "Bending minds, bending metal" videos and Banachek "Psychokinetic Silverware"?

Thanks
Academy
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Banachek is much better, both as performer and teacher. More stuff, better, clearer instruction, stronger material at a better price. He also goes into the "real work" of psychology and presentation more than Bavli.

No contest--BANACHEK!!!!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
wildthought
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of wildthought
Benachek doesn;t live up to the hype. his routine is very avarage (my opinion only) and not too impressive, and he doesn't teach many moves. Kuffs has the best video on this subject (again, avarage routines) because he teaches tons of move for you to choose from. but I heard there was some rights problems with the material on the video, so check this out.
after you know the moves, go and see Lior Manor or any other big names in mentalism to see how metal bending should be done. (Bavli's routine by the way is much better than Benachek's).

WT
mike stevenson
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of mike stevenson
wildthought, like you said, it's your opinion, which I must disagree with. Ok, so there aren't as many moves as on the Kuffs video, but why would you want more? I perform the moves taught on the Banachek vid. and I receive the best reactions I can get from anything I perform. Why would I want more moves if these work fine for me? Banachek teaches the most important aspect, which is the presentation and the psychology. This, blended with the presentation and psychology taught, are near perfect.

Banachek is the outright winner in my opinion.
HiveMind
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of HiveMind
Buy them all. Study them. Really learn the principles
and when you have figured out what makes it all work,
invent your own routine.

There are some effects in magic that can be
taught as a series of moves which just about
any one can do (not many but some) and still
shock people. This is not, in my opinion,
one of those. In fact it requires a wholly
seperate Mind set. A less is more philosophy
goes a long way with an effect like this.
"Free will is an illusion." - B.F. Skinner
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I don't have the Bavli dvd but I do have the Banachek dvd and I must say it's very very good. I would recomend you to the Banachek Psychokinetic Silverware dvd because it's very very good.
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
??? It's only sold in VHS... is it being sold in DVD now?
"Watch this, you ready now? Watch this, watch, watch, watch, watch now, watch closely, watch this, you watching now? Watch, watch..." - David Blaine
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
Mistro,

you admit you don't have the Bavli video but then you say Banachek is much better as a TEACHER and PERFORMER. how you realized that based only on seeing one of the videos is beyond me.

I also think the banachek video routine is better (but I have both videos!!!), but I think your review is really not fair.

N
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
You're right Nir Dahan, It's not a fair review. But judging by other peoples reviews, including yourself, Banachek is better. But I know I havent seen Bavli to compare, so I will rewrite my reply.
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
Mistro,
you did the right thing correcting your post.
oh btw his name is Bavli not Bavil
Magic_Mailman
View Profile
New user
Portland,Oregon
53 Posts

Profile of Magic_Mailman
Quote:
On 2003-09-12 16:33, Scott F. Guinn wrote:
Banachek is much better, both as performer and teacher. More stuff, better, clearer instruction, stronger material at a better price. He also goes into the "real work" of psychology and presentation more than Bavli.

No contest--BANACHEK!!!!

I would have to agree with Scott. I own both videos and thought that Guy's Video was not as informative..and to be honest the performance was not very good at all to me. Not to take away for Guy... its just my thoughts.

No contest--BANACHEK!!!!

Smile
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Guy has two different series of mentalism/bending tapes and there is a pronounced difference in quality, indicative of his growth as a performer and teacher.

The first two volume set was produced in 1994 and is called The Metal Bending Video and The Mentalism Video.

The second is a three volume set produced in 1999, called Bending Minds, Bending Metal.

The second has much more to offer but Banacheck is still my preference.