The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Born to perform card magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
blitzchampion
View Profile
Regular user
Portugal
148 Posts

Profile of blitzchampion
What do you thinkl of this future DVD release. Does anyone has anyinformation on it ? Will it be better that stealing pips ? I'd really appreciate it if Oz himself could post. Smile
PyroDevil
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
156 Posts

Profile of PyroDevil
I'm not really looking forward to it. I don't think it will be better than Stealing Pips because Stealing Pips wasn't that good to begin with. Not a dvd I'm really looking forward to but a dvd I think I'll get just for the heck of it.

PyroDevil Smile
vwc06
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of vwc06
So are you looking forward to it or not??? =) Read your post out loud to yourself Smile
MasterOfMagic
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of MasterOfMagic
I agree, split personality perhaps?
PyroDevil
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
156 Posts

Profile of PyroDevil
LOL. Split Peronality! that's a first. I updated my reply.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I actually like stealing Pips. But I think that I am a little too advanced for born to perform.
Ozer4
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
329 Posts

Profile of Ozer4
Penguin has informed me that Born to Perform has been sent out to the replicators. They are expecting it back and ready for sale next week. Born to Perform is not meant to compete with Stealing Pips, as they are two completely different DVDs. Born to Perform contains 4 killer card routines, all of which happen right in the spectator's hand and are all easy to perform. These are the workers. However, the routines are the bonus material. The rest of the DVD contains a wealth of sleights, controls, flourishes, false cuts, forces, etc. It starts off with the basics (pinky break, thumb break, double undercut, basic card control) and moves on to more advanced flourishes and false cuts, including the LePaul spread, springing the cards, and David Acer's Trinary Cut, just to name a few. This DVD also contains live street footage of multiple performances of each trick, on the Las Vegas Strip. I haven't listed even a quarter of the contents on here, as it is literally packed with information.

-Oz
Kronos9326
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
229 Posts

Profile of Kronos9326
Street Footage huh? Sounds like another company I know.

David.
FZandura
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
247 Posts

Profile of FZandura
Did Penguin ever create another preview video for this DVD, like they talked about doing a few months ago?
Smile
F. Zandura
blitzchampion
View Profile
Regular user
Portugal
148 Posts

Profile of blitzchampion
yes, but no video came out of them. Thanks Oz ( you don't use msn messager anymore do you ? ), so, it'll be much longer than stealing pips ? Sounds good
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I like Oz's style. His vidoes on the Penguin site are very entertaining. I bet this will be a great teaching video!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
PyroDevil, there are so many great and important works in magic literature, why spend money on any magic product 'just for the heck of it'? Until I own everything by Vernon, Marlo, and Jennings, I wouldn't even think about buying something I'm not even that interested in 'just for the heck of it'.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
PyroDevil
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
156 Posts

Profile of PyroDevil
Just to let you know Marko, I do own mostly all the videos by Vernon, Marlo, and Jennings. I'm a big fan of Videos and DVDs and I ONLY buy Videos and DVDs Now. that's just what I do.
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
"4 killer card routines, all of which happen right in the spectator's hand and are all easy to perform"

I love the sound of that Smile
~joeKing
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Quote:
On 2003-09-10 19:02, PyroDevil wrote:
Just to let you know Marko, I do own mostly all the videos by Vernon, Marlo, and Jennings. I'm a big fan of Videos and DVDs and I ONLY buy Videos and DVDs Now. that's just what I do.

To limit one's self and one's own knowledge so intentionally is sad to me, but it's your money so I'll shut up.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Hey Pyrodevil, if that's really a picture of you, you look just like the guy from American Pie. Stifler I believe. Smile
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2003-09-10 19:02, PyroDevil wrote:

That's what I do. I know everyone says read the books by the Masters, but If I read Triumph I'd say it was the worst trick ever. Yet, when you see it performed, it's a miracle.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
jgeist1
View Profile
New user
Baltimore
98 Posts

Profile of jgeist1
Quote:
On 2003-09-11 20:58, cardguy wrote:
Hey Pyrodevil, if that's really a picture of you, you look just like the guy from American Pie. Finch I believe. Smile

Off topic but I believe he looks like Stifler aka Sean William Scott.

On Topic... How much is this DVD going to be? I like watching the performances and everything... but I keep having a harder and harder time justifying $30-35 for just a few tricks.

-Jason
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Quote:
That's what I do. I know everyone says read the books by the Masters, but If I read Triumph I'd say it was the worst trick ever. Yet, when you see it performed, it's a miracle.

But if you were to learn Triumph from a video you would not be learning it right as all video explanations of it (including Ammar's) teach it wrong, and the only correct explanation I've seen is written by Vernon in "Stars Of Magic." Just one more reason it's better to go to the original source, and coincidentally most original sources are written not filmed.
fabozzi
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of fabozzi
Then you are not reading properly. Work through the trick in your head without a deck of cards and then with a deck of cards. There were many magicians doing Triumph straight from Stars of Magic, the Frank Garcia book, or other sources.
I think videos and DVDs are great, but why limit yourself?
If we ever meet, I'll know how to fry you. I'll just do something that's not on video.

Quote: