The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: You card manipulators (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Do any of you guys have the DVD manipulations with Stephane Vanel? Is it any good? What do you think?

FC
maylor
View Profile
Loyal user
england
231 Posts

Profile of maylor
Where are they for sale then?
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Hocus Pocus has them. I was wondering about this myself.
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Well, I heard no reply so I went ahead and ordered one for myself. I will do my best to post a review when I get the chance in "the good, bad, garbage" section. I am moving in a week and a half so things are crazy around here (busy, I mean).

FC

I purchased a copy and was not impressed. The video has some good ideas and some good practice tips, but it is so annoying. The guy is so full of himself you don't even want to watch the rest of the video. I can't stand the video. I was excited about learning some jumbo card manipulations, but he barely touches on it at all. He just says something like, "Many of the manipulations with regular cards are possible with jumbo cards as well" and shows some back palming and producing singles of jumbos. Anyone want to take it off my hands?
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Does he teach any new productions, like stuff that hasn't been covered in the McBride series?
xslider
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of xslider
I was thinking about getting those myself, but I guess I wouldn't now. Thanks for the review.

A.K.
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
I am not sure what all McBride covers (I have just seen the first one), but from what I remember, in just the first AOCM, he covers about as much as this guy does. Someone with the whole set of AOCM could help you out more than I could.

Actually, let me run through the tape and make a list of what he teaches. I will post it then.

FC
aznviet6uy
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Rosa, CA
315 Posts

Profile of aznviet6uy
If you guys want good, McBride's teacher came out with his own sires, Jeff Sheridan's Vol. 2 Video, is a card manipultaion video. This was all he did when he was on the street, he came before them all! He's like good, GOOD, GOOD good. Check it out. I'm thinking of buying the set myself, I've only seen his first video and fell in love with it! His street acts are totally awesome also.

-Chris
shhh..... I see Magicians.....
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
I have to apologize. My wife and I just moved. It is packed in a box somewhere. No review for now.

FC
Deucemc
View Profile
Regular user
originally Honolulu, Hawaii
116 Posts

Profile of Deucemc
Check out Jeff Sheridan. Pretty good stuff.