The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: David Stone's Ghost (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Aelumag
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Aelumag
Hello

I am currently working on this trick and the tilt it uses is done with very few cards. This never looks good to me when I perform it in the mirror. It seems too obvious. I am thereby asking for suggestions of sources where I can learn about this delicate kind of tilt or advice about how to cover this. The angle seems not enough to cover it. Or am I just being paranoid?

Thanks in advance.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2230 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
With a trained eye..We look at magic sleights differently than layman. I thought the same thing about this til I saw it done correctly with an added attempt to put the card in the center and you push a few cards forward and then you insert the card as normal in the tilt sleight... Don't stare at the deck when you do it...just a glance at the deck is all that is needed.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Aelumag
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Aelumag
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have seen this little convincer as well in a Ghost performance, but the main problem I have with it is the front of the deck. It seems obvious that the deck is too thin and this convincer seems to push the would be top cards of the deck. I suppose I need to angle it down towards the floor and keep my finger a little bit curled to create a thickness illusion...or just angle it so much as the audience only sees the top of the deck, never its thickness.