The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Roadrunner cull vol2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
solidglint
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
212 Posts

Profile of solidglint
Just purchased this from Kostya Kimlat. Searched the Café for a review. Can someone who owns this kindly post a small review.

Jonathan.
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
929 Posts

Profile of Martino
If you've purchased it, why don't you do the review? OR are you looking for comfort in your purchase before it arrives?
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
All Kostya Kimlats Merchandise is always a GREAT value.

I took KK's Cull workshop and both of his DVD offerings are
top notch teaching aids.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
solidglint
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
212 Posts

Profile of solidglint
I purchased both vol1 and 2 together from his web site. The review for vol1 was great, vol2 looks like it may have a extra tips and uses. I will post a review when it arrives.
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
929 Posts

Profile of Martino
Thanks. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I was lucky enough to see Kostya do a 30 minute impromptu set at the now defunct "Illusions" magic bar in Manchester, England. It was one of the most awesome magical experiences ever. He completely destroyed the laymen present! He did stuff I've never seen before and the level of skill in use was incredible! I'm sure you'll be very happy with your purchases.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
solidglint
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
212 Posts

Profile of solidglint
Thanks Martino, it is fortunate that you were able to see him live. Will keep you posted.

Regards Jonathan.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Didn't know there was a vol 2
solidglint
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
212 Posts

Profile of solidglint
Quote:
On 2011-07-26 20:41, paisa23 wrote:
Didn't know there was a vol 2

Neither did I, luckily I checked on his web site before purchasing it. I must say that I am excited to start practising this. I hope that I don't have too many bad habits to break before learning Kostya's handling.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
After you master the cull you should purchase James Brown's
"Professional Opportunist" DVD's.

James Brown is the real deal.

See a review and where to purchase:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=111
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Everything I have seen by Mr. Kimlat has been totally awesome. The Cull takes work, but it's has to one of the hottest "useful" sleights worth nailing down. His teaching is also first rate.

Best,
Brad Burt
solidglint
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
212 Posts

Profile of solidglint
My dvds arrived yesterday. After having viewed the tips on the basic cull and culling four of a kind, my cull has already improved. I look forward to studying the cull with Kostya! This is close to having a one on one with a mentor.
solidglint
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
212 Posts

Profile of solidglint
Just to clarify, I purchased both vol 1 and 2. Only started watching vol 1. I will post a review of vol 2 at a later stage.
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
I have volume 1, so I am curious what the difference is between 1 and 2? Kostya's stuff is great, so I would consider buying this if there is much difference between the two. Thanks -

Bill
James Warren
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of James Warren
Can someone pick up this thread again and talk about the difference between Vol 1 & 2, and how much the purchase of Vol 2 actually adds to one's ability with the cull?