The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Poll: What would you like to see on the next CD? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
I'm going to do another CD! What would you guys like to see?

Palming?
Controls?
Shifts?
Effects?

The reason I ask is because I'm shipping out a lot of these, so it's time to get organized. Each CD will have a theme....

So I'm open to suggestions for content.

If you want to see samples of my last CD, go here:

http://www.cardguy.net
Alessandro Scotti
View Profile
Loyal user
Italy
263 Posts

Profile of Alessandro Scotti
The codec to see the videos!
Then: effects! Smile
Walk of Mind: the best source of bad magic
Bob Gerdes
View Profile
Loyal user
Northport, NY
237 Posts

Profile of Bob Gerdes
So I'm not the only one that can't get them to play? Smile
Eschew obfuscation
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2003-08-13 13:33, Alessandro Scotti wrote:
The codec to see the videos!
Then: effects! Smile

Yes, I had to make a compromise. The video clips on the Website have to be viewed using modern verisons of Explorer and Windows media player. Additionally, since it's streaming a high bandwith is your best bet.

Make sure you press the play button after a few minutes. If you've checked all those things, then let me know!

If you want to read a review on the CD, blindbo has posted one in the DVD and video section.

Steven Youell
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
I'm always interested in other palming techniques.
Who is John Galt?
aby9plp
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
255 Posts

Profile of aby9plp
Hmmm...ok. Its not to sound rude, but don't you think theres already enough vhs/dvd that teaches enough palming or control methods? I mean, with Daryls and Ackermans tapes, I think I have enough palming and controlling methods FOREVER !
Ackerman has a whole tape on palming and a whole tape on controls!! And I might add that the teaching on those are EXCELLENT.
So what will your cds have to offer MORE?
-aka-
Phoenix
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I really need some good palms, I'd like to see that next.
Bob Gerdes
View Profile
Loyal user
Northport, NY
237 Posts

Profile of Bob Gerdes
I'd be interested in seeing some controls (which ones might you cover?)
Eschew obfuscation
Euan
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Euan
Some original material would be nice.

--Euan
Alessandro Scotti
View Profile
Loyal user
Italy
263 Posts

Profile of Alessandro Scotti
Quote:
On 2003-08-13 14:09, syouell wrote:

Yes, I had to make a compromise. The video clips on the Website have to be viewed using modern verisons of Explorer and Windows media player. Additionally, since it's streaming a high bandwith is your best bet.

Make sure you press the play button after a few minutes. If you've checked all those things, then let me know!

Thanks Steve, but I actually think it's a problem of mine! I downloaded the videos on my computer so bandwidth is not a problem but I'm guilty of not allowing Media Player to go on the net (for security reasons) that's why I'll have to get the codec in some other way...
Walk of Mind: the best source of bad magic
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
Quote:
On 2003-08-13 14:29, aby9plp wrote:
Hmmm...ok. Its not to sound rude, but don't you think theres already enough vhs/dvd that teaches enough palming or control methods? I mean, with Daryls and Ackermans tapes, I think I have enough palming and controlling methods FOREVER !

Steve's CD's are priced very low. Plus I'm sure he would make me look at something from a different angle. I already know a boatload of palms too, but palming is always something to work on.
Who is John Galt?
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2003-08-13 14:33, Euan wrote:
Some original material would be nice.

--Euan

I hope this message does not mean what I
think it means-- are you inferring I have
stolen material or not issued proper credit?

Quote:
On 2003-08-13 14:29, aby9plp wrote:
Hmmm...ok. Its not to sound rude, but don't you think theres already enough vhs/dvd that teaches enough palming or control methods?

A lower price, methodical teaching & an original multiple card top palm that cannot be seen. But hey, I'm not in competition here-- I'm not doing this to make a profit, I'm doing it to CONTRIBUTE.

So if you're satisfied with your palming technique, then don't buy my CD... I'm ok with that.

Steven Youell
submagi
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of submagi
Hey, how about a cd about mis-direction and presentation. You could give us bits and tips to improve magic. And give us jokes/gags that can be used as misdirection. Hehe, im just brain storming, coming up with ideas..
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10972 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Steve is a wonderful performer I caught several of his shows at the magic castle. His card handling is terriffic.
Steve is offering his services ,and what ever he puts out on his cd will be worth it.

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
ganda
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of ganda
palming would be great

Francis
Jake Austin
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs
237 Posts

Profile of Jake Austin
I'd like to see the Magic Castle act!! Performance only.
S.A.M Assembly 170, Colorado Springs
170sam.org
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
Hummm.... I think that palming would be good, but not just here's my palm, maybe more on, as Vernon would put it, how you get into it and how do you come out of it in the context of a few routines that use palms... You could go more into things that most others leave out, like the timing and flow invloved with palm...

I don't know maybe that turns the palm CD into a CD about acting, timing, and routining... Smile
Smile
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
artofmanipulation
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
121 Posts

Profile of artofmanipulation
Hi it would be great to see something that invovles some performance to the audience. Some times, its really dry to just learn a sleight without seeing how the sleight can make audience running down the block in your opposite direction screaming like a mad man. It's fun to see these things, it just makes you wanna learn whatever that you are teaching. Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Try putting a quarter of each topic on the dvd.
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
I am researching (as a good friend said I should) two things, at present. Counts (false and otherwise) and double turnovers.

Anything you put out, Steve, I'm sure will be good. And, I believe you eventually will cover most everything, so what comes first? Dunno, but I think one effect that includes something that is taught on the cd is a plus.

Thanks for your generous considerations. Smile