The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: The RAVEN DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
Hello guys, what's good about this one when you allready have the gimmick and the video tape that came with it ?
Aiming to become the only magician in the world that has ever produced the lost socks back from the dryer...
Graymatter_Fireworks
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, GA
359 Posts

Profile of Graymatter_Fireworks
I don't know. Perhaps it that it won't get distorted like my video did because of how they shipped my Raven! Smile I can't really see it worth it though if it's just the same thing. Perhaps if it's updated.
"The social world in which we live, determines our experience of what is real." - John Gager
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
Thanks but that was not the point. Any positive thought you guys ?
Aiming to become the only magician in the world that has ever produced the lost socks back from the dryer...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
If you have the video, what's the point? Do a french drop and leave the non-sense to the newbies, I say.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
I guess there may be new ideas in that DVD. Who knows ?
UNREAL
View Profile
New user
Bronx, NY
77 Posts

Profile of UNREAL
If you have the raven the video is a must. Im not sure about the dvd but its probably the same if not maybe more handling tips which makes it even better. i was lost without the video until i got it. Chuck shows you tons of methods, handling tips, and being able to show your hands empty and then do a vansih which is worth the price of the tape in my opinion.
"There is no spoon."
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
Yes that was my point, I have the VHs and wanted to know if the DVD is a good buy when you allready have the VHS provided with the stuff.
Nikos
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Nikos
Thanks UNREAL I was thinking of buying The Raven video now I will. I haven't performed since I bought it many months ago...mainly...because I'm not comfortable with the handling.
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
Looks like I will never have my answer...
Beetroot
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Beetroot
Thought I'd wake this up again to see if we could get some any more answers. I saw the demo on Penguin Magic. Looked interesting.

Has anyone actually got this and prepared to comment?

Cheers,

Beetroot
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
580 Posts

Profile of Nick23
As far as I know, the Raven DVD is the Raven video just transfered onto a DVD... so, if you have the video, there is no point getting the DVD unless you just want it for the navigation.
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
PyroDevil
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
156 Posts

Profile of PyroDevil
I really wished that I bought this dvd when I had the Raven. I mean hated the Raven because the instructions were too hard to understand and the set-up seemed impossible! It's too bad I sold the Raven, or else this would have bin a great help. Smile