The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Touched: Hanson Chien (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3102 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Magical looking routines. I was even a little fooled.
Many are derivative of or "inspired by" earlier effects. Controversy surrounding the cool looking routine given the most coverage in the demos. According to Vinny Marini the idea pre-dates both "creators" and he has been kind enough to send an explanation video to anyone who has PM'd (don't want to flood his inbox but he did make the offer here on the Café). He sent it to me and he definitely has the goods. Some of the principles were new to me but there may be nothing new in rubber band magic.
Best thing about the DVD.
Excellent, visual, repetitive teaching. It can be very hard to demonstrate the finger positioning of complex band moves. I have several DVDs where the teaching does not live up to the effect. It is said you can always rewind but I prefer the multiple repeats of the moves at several speeds and from several angles. If you are going to put 10 rubberband tricks on a DVD for 30 bucks it is nice to not skimp on the teaching and there are other effects on the DVD that are the equal of Touch. I am satisfied with my purchase.
poonchingyip
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
419 Posts

Profile of poonchingyip
One of the best rubberband DVDs !!!

- Arthur
Rindfleisch
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
502 Posts

Profile of Rindfleisch
Regarding the routine TOUCH, Does he credit me for this being a variation of my material. it is my exact method just different placement of where the rubber band is held. This is new but when he sent me a copy of youtube clips he said he gave me credit, but no credits were found in the clips.

I have about 5 different effects that use the back clip principle

Ultimate Jump
Across the great divide
one where I pull it through the back of the hand
one where I pull it through the fingers
and one where I make a rubberband break off my wrist through mind power.

All on Extreme Rubberband Magic.
check me out on facebook #MAGICTOTD
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3102 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Joe, my memory is you are credited on various tricks on the DVD, but I do not remember if you are creditied on touch.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10974 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
The only thing different about touch is he changed the name . the trick is not even his.
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
I saw something similar or the same on the corner project dvd as a bonus... not sure if the method is 100% the same, but it looks the same.. can anyone whos seen both dvds verify this??
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Hondo
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Hondo
The demo clip of Touch was released earlier than Corner DVD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTsT7pyjzxk

SM Productionz claimed that the similar effect Kiss was in Will Tsai's early book named "Incomplete".
However, we searched and tried to find any info about this book but found nothing. We have also requested SM to provide the photo or any other reference about the book, but we didn't get any more reply from SM since 4/20 until now.

Vinny, please stop hurting Hanson Chien if you don't know the whole story.

Hondo
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1439 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
Hmmm joe, where do you make it jump to someones hand? I do not recall seeing that on yours or the effects you list. But I feel I do not have enough from the promo video to know what touch really looks like live. Sure allot missing.

Quote:
On 2011-04-19 10:25, Rindfleisch wrote:
Regarding the routine TOUCH, Does he credit me for this being a variation of my material. it is my exact method just different placement of where the rubber band is held. This is new but when he sent me a copy of youtube clips he said he gave me credit, but no credits were found in the clips.

I have about 5 different effects that use the back clip principle

Ultimate Jump
Across the great divide
one where I pull it through the back of the hand
one where I pull it through the fingers
and one where I make a rubberband break off my wrist through mind power.

All on Extreme Rubberband Magic.
Rindfleisch
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
502 Posts

Profile of Rindfleisch
Quote:
On 2011-05-17 14:37, Powermagic wrote:
Hmmm joe, where do you make it jump to someones hand? I do not recall seeing that on yours or the effects you list. But I feel I do not have enough from the promo video to know what touch really looks like live. Sure allot missing.

its about the move that allows it to jump.

Its all matter of placement! If you do ultimate jump but place it in a different position it will jump on a spectators wrist.

I have mentioned that the effect is new and is a great one at that! Hanson has corrected the crediting issue should be commended on this great effect.

Joe Rindfleisch
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1439 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
OK fine but that gets into sticky wickets. If you agree the effect is new and a great one then why go into all the effects that use the move? That is like saying every trick with a double lift has to credit the creator of the double lift and so on an so forth. But that gets into a debate as sure many have heard before.

Funny how you explain what move he uses with full freedom on a public forumto dis credit his sales and seem to have no issue with exposing that but would sure hate it if someone started talking about the moves involved in your videos. Honestly since all I saw was the promo, you gave me the basic secret. Thanks Joe.

Please remember anyone can read this forum.
Now as to your email to me about "Whats my problem" and tell it to you direct. That is what I am doing. I have no issue with you and not sure why one little comment got your boxers in a bunch.
Rindfleisch
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
502 Posts

Profile of Rindfleisch
Since you want to make this public here is the inboxed message I just sent you.

First of all I never said he stole, I said he didn't credit me. I am very open with my material and when people ask me or credit me properly I say yes.

geoffrey williams teaches part of my effect in his lecture with my permission.

Even Hanson Chan emailed me and asked for a quote and said I was credited. I gave him a quote only to find out I was not credtied for the touch routine. the method to get into postion is the same as mine except in each of my effect I place the band on different fingers or on the wrist. He was creative enough to find out if you place a spectators hand on top it will jump on thier hand. he should get all the credit for that discovery. but without the 80% of my method that part wouldn't be possible.

Would we have figured it out on his own? maybe but I explored and created a lot of my effects well over 10 years ago.

I go above and beyond making sure I credit all the people before me.

Since you don't know his method I believe you spoke out of turn. the fact is he corrected the credit issue and has posted that his is a variation of mine. so next time you speak and embarrass yourself get your facts straight.

I will no longer respond to this thread.