The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: David Regal's Red Streamlined Convertible (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
Hi all - I'm having a banner posted on this site imminently, and I been told by The Man that it's okay to mention something new to you here.

I had Wayne Houchin produce a DVD for me, a DVD of a trick that I've been working on and fiddling with for twenty years. It is a card effect with no gimmicked cards or anything else for that matter. The plot is the classic assembly with the Lyn Searles twist: The cards that assemble have odd backs. This leads to very clear sequences and a strong sensation of magic.

Many people, including myself, have come up with solutions for this effect. Red Streamlined Convertible has a method that has been boiled down to a place where, to my mind, the structure itself is part of the method. It is a card routine that will be in my repertoire for the rest of my life, and it is simple to do.

The cost on my site is a buck for each year I fiddled - twenty dollars. In addition to Red Streamlined Convertible I explain "Streamlined Assembly" from the Lorayne book, and "Streamlined Assembly Minus One" which might become your go-to card assembly when only one deck is available.

I like this routine a lot.

http://www.regalmagic.com
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2570 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
David,

Wow love it!

Can we paypal you the $20.00??

Please let me know

alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
Just go to the site - there's a link to purchase if you are interested. At least there better be!
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Looks great!

Regards,
Mike
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
I've already bought my copy and looking forward to working it into my routine. The video demo is clear and unhyped...the effect looks amazing esp the clean vanishes and appearances - the final where David shows BOTH sides is really convincing!

To be frank, with David's track record, I'd have bought the trick without a video dem!
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
I really liked Dan Harlans take on this plot with the odd backed cards.
Well,it had a lot of counts and add-ons in it.
So from viewing this demo it looked more streamlined (hence the title).
I will wait for some reviews ;-)

greetings from germany
Jerry
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Anything by David Regal has my immediate attention! Going to check out the link!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2010-08-05 09:43, cosmicsecret wrote:
I really liked Dan Harlans take on this plot with the odd backed cards.
Well,it had a lot of counts and add-ons in it.
So from viewing this demo it looked more streamlined (hence the title).
I will wait for some reviews ;-)

greetings from germany
Jerry

Dan's effect, Slomoco Aces from the Premium Blend DVD Volume 2, is wonderful. Dan knows how to ring every moment out of the routine.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3098 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I'm in, 20 bucks with shipping, not too bad.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The name has to be the catchiest name for an effect since "Bring me the head of A packet Trick!"

The name alone is so cool it just makes you want to buy it!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27315 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2010-08-05 09:43, cosmicsecret wrote:...
I will wait for some reviews...

IMHO it's a sensible, practical and effective method/handling. If I wanted to perform a version of the odd-backed assembly effect I'd likely start with this one and stay with it a while. I rank it up there with his red/blue oil and water routine.

Disclaimer: this is not a paid endorsement - just a nod and a thumbs up from a guy who knows enough card magic to recognize a good thing when it comes along.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Amen. With the splendid patter it looks like David is giving us, this looks to be a true showpiece.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2010-08-05 01:23, magicbern wrote:
I've already bought my copy and looking forward to working it into my routine. The video demo is clear and unhyped...the effect looks amazing esp the clean vanishes and appearances - the final where David shows BOTH sides is really convincing!

To be frank, with David's track record, I'd have bought the trick without a video dem!

Agreed on all points. I ordered also.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
865 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Quote:
On 2010-08-05 21:07, Jonathan Townsend wrote:

IMHO it's a sensible, practical and effective method/handling. If I wanted to perform a version of the odd-backed assembly effect I'd likely start with this one and stay with it a while. I rank it up there with his red/blue oil and water routine.

I agree, very nice!

Jonathan,

What oil & water routine are you referring to, and where would I find it if it's publishied? I would like to check it out!

Thanks,

Robert
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17428 Posts

Profile of joseph
I thought he was going to show us pics of his new car..
As usual with Davids effects, this looks really good...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
OL1VERscheiber
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of OL1VERscheiber
Very nice, my order is in!

Cheers, Oliver.
"Practicing is a lot like a bank. If you don't put anything in, you won't get anything out." - Dai Vernon
J.Warrens
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1098 Posts

Profile of J.Warrens
Looks great David.

Cheers!
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Quote:
Jonathan,

What oil & water routine are you referring to, and where would I find it if it's publishied? I would like to check it out!

Thanks,

Robert

It can be found two places. Star Quality, and also in the Power DVD (Vol 2 from his last DVD set)... From the description: Perfectly Oiled - A very clear Oil & Water effect that builds to a no-moves climax.

Hope this helps.

RevJohn
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
Regal is royalty when it comes to innovative card magic and Red Streamlined Convertible is the king's coach.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Beautifully stated!